Richardsj93's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

I switched phones and lost my local giude points

I switched phones and lost my local giude points. I'm not sure about how to get them back or why they disappered. Can anyone help?

4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: I switched phones and lost my local giude points

@Richardsj93 You Google Local Guides points and contributions are not stored in the phone, it's stored in your unique Google account. All you need to do is to configure your new phone with your existing (original) Google account ID and password, which is the same in your old phone. In fact, you can have more than 1 device configured with the same Google account, and you can access your same Local Guides contributions from multiple devices.

If you are not sure how to do that on the new phone, and assuming you know your Google ID and your old password, you can either ask a friend who knows, or post  your query here with your new phone model, and I am sure between @deepakjhic or myself or someone else here, surely can help you with instructions on how to configure it.

View solution in original post

Level 9

You have your last cell phone? Can you confirm your mail I'd in last cell phone and in this is same? 

@Richardsj93

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 4

It's a different phone and carrier. I do have my old one though 

Level 9

@Richardsj93 wrote:

It's a different phone and carrier. I do have my old one though 

No matter which carrier you are using. I just want to confirm your mail I'd in your last cell phone and in new one. (do not mention here just tell us) Is the mail I'd you were using in old also in new one cell?

@Richardsj93

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 10
Solution

@Richardsj93 You Google Local Guides points and contributions are not stored in the phone, it's stored in your unique Google account. All you need to do is to configure your new phone with your existing (original) Google account ID and password, which is the same in your old phone. In fact, you can have more than 1 device configured with the same Google account, and you can access your same Local Guides contributions from multiple devices.

If you are not sure how to do that on the new phone, and assuming you know your Google ID and your old password, you can either ask a friend who knows, or post  your query here with your new phone model, and I am sure between @deepakjhic or myself or someone else here, surely can help you with instructions on how to configure it.