BradMatson's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

I really gotta go.

Is there a section on rating the pubic toilets out there. 

That woukd be news you could use in a pinch.

Not resturant ones, but public ones in the city.

Are they. Accessible, clean, free, thier hours of operation,did you feel safe, do they have a area for changing babies,are they easy to find.. They may be difficult to photograph. Thanks brad

Toronto, ON, Canada
5 comments
Level 8

Re: I really gotta go.

Good question! 

Cleanliness is a Japanese proud culture. In public bath, locals often soap, shampoo & scrub themselves for 10 to 15 minutes thoroughly in the wash area before they jump into the sento (the common bath area).

Good examples can be found are the public toilets in Tsukiji Market (Fish Market), Tokyo, Japan. It is cleaner than those you may find from average Toronto (Ontario, Canada) restaurants. Amazing. 

Level 8

@BradMatson

Hi,

Categories are changing every so often, so my info might be out of date, but last time I looked there was a category for public toilets. As you said, one should only add a new POI as public toilet when it is not for customers of a restaurant, bar, etc., but like you said, independent PUBLIC places.
I shall be honest by saying that I have no idea if you can actually review this particular category, but it seems logic that one should be able to.

Have fun 😉

Jeroen

Level 8

@BradMatson

Hi,

Categories are changing every so often, so my info might be out of date, but last time I looked there was a category for public toilets. As you said, one should only add a new POI as public toilet when it is not for customers of a restaurant, bar, etc., but like you said, independent PUBLIC places.
I shall be honest by saying that I have no idea if you can actually review this particular category, but it seems logic that one should be able to.

Have fun 😉

Jeroen

Level 6

If you want to look for private washrooms, it may be better to use a washroom finding app, such as Toilet Finder.

Level 8

Thanks very much for your contribution to the discussion.  I will try out the app for public toilets.