SupaMan_gh's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

I need google local guide branded souvenirs

Are there any google local guide branded T-shirts or even tags or IDs that one can use to gear up or defend his or herself when ever the need arises. Because sometimes when I take pictures people look at me with curtains eyes of suspicion and even sometimes They walk up to me and cease my camera. It's always embarrassing. I wish google can do something about this so people wouldn't suspect we doing something illegal or dangerous.

Ghana
5 comments
Level 10

Re: I need google local guide branded souvenirs

@SupaMan_gh At the moment, there isn't any as far as I know, shirts of LG from Google, as we are not employed by Google nor do we represent Google. We are just contributing our experience on top of Google's platform. 

Couple of things can be looked at. Get together with the local LG community in your vicinity and print a local LG t-shirt.. that should not use any of Google's trademark or copyrighted material, Cannot use Google's logo, cannot use the Local Guides pin logo. Search through Connect for many discussions on these.

If someone does confront you. Best thing to do. Open your Google Maps app, show them your live profile in your contributions in Maps. That's the biggest "proof" you are contributing to Google Maps. Which no  paper, or ID card, or t-shirt can provide.

However, do always make sure to obey the local laws/acceptable practices in terms of taking photos etc. All of us have our difficult moments.

Level 8

Hi @SupaMan_gh you are absolutely right .. same here .

Hope Google will take steps to share some identity so that Everytime we local guide don't need to introduce. 

So that we can work more freely...

Thank regards

Rikuparna

Level 7

Yes, if something could be done we all will be comfortable. Thanks for supporting @Rikuparna.

Level 7

Thanks @StephenAbraham. Really helpful. 

Level 10

Friend,

Good suggestion. I am also egerly waiting for the reply from Google.

When I was taking a snap outside Bank ,Security came and enquired me. It was very embarrassing for me.

Thanks.

Ramamoorthy Karuppaiah.

Ramamoorthy123