Lynton's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

I have 0 ratings, I rate everything.

I have been using local guides before they change their system but yet I still have zero ratings and I rate everything. I know how the ratings work and how to rate a place so why do I still have zero. I have reported this but I still have zero and nobody cares why

Level 8

Re: I have 0 ratings, I rate everything.

Hi @Mattskill,

could you please post your contribution page?

I would like to remember that if you - first - rate an activity and - after that - you review it, you will see that the rating counter decreases (because the rating became review).

Best,

Salvatore

LG Contrib    G+ Profile  

Level 10

@Mattskill I want to make it clear that if you just rate a place and do not write anything about that place, then it is counted as a rating. You'll get 1 point for a rating.

But if you rate and write review then it will be counted as a review. In total you'll get 6 points, 5 points for review and 1 point for rating.

Level 10

Hi @Mattskill, The key is inside your note itself. You should not rate everything!! This is a spam action and the account of many users have been suspended due to this.

You can only rate or review for locations that you have personal experience about them. Also your review should be good enough and with respect to others. Visit this to learn more about reviewing.

On the other hand this issue maybe due to a temporary issue in system. So checking your activity on another device and also waiting some days can help to find the situation better.

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
Connect Moderator

Hi @Mattskill I've marked the answer of @FazeelUsmani as the solution because he is correct.

When you rate only you get 1 point. When you rate and review you get 6 points (1 for the rating and 5 for the review) and all 6 points are shown against "Reviews".

@Amiran could I suggest next time you ask the poster to clarify before jumping on them? It doesn't sound like @Mattskill is doing anything wrong, he's just asking about the points.

Regards Paul

Level 10
Level 10

Hi @PaulPavlinovich, I just misunderstand about the question nothing more. Although my note was also correct but maybe it is irrelevant to the question and I'm sorry for that but you can easily ask and remind me to fix it. I just want to guide the user and not to jump into the thread and because of this If I have time, I only comment on threads I have knowledge about them! So can you bring me another example which I participate in, wrongly, that caused you use "Jump in" about me!? This is not suitable phrase at all.

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
Level 7

Thx guys. I understand what you are saying. So when I star my rating and write a review, I don't see the rating points because those points are going towards the review which I did at the same time. So I am doing the right thing, I just didn't realize the ratings worked like that. I haven't seen that explained anywhere. I wish there was something on the point system detailing that.

Former Google Contributor

Re: Help please = reviews/ratings

Thanks @Jonp40210 @deepakjhic @sameenasanjay for being candid and sharing your thoughts here and huge kudos to @ErmesT for managing this conversation. Connect is a place where Local Guides can share information, tips and advice to anyone. Even though there are Googler moderators (like me) and Connect Moderators (like @ErmesT), we may not always be able to answer to the hundreds of queries that are posted here on Connect everyday. Therefore we do rely a lot on Local Guides on this forum to share some insights and advice. The information shared by Local Guides may not always be right but please be patient and we will try our best to help. 

Thank you for making Connect a warm and welcoming place to everyone!

Level 5

@Mattskill

I support your idea:  to clarify this thingie about the rating, where it shows up as zero while you've been clicking a whole lot of stars. Glad I found this topic, after I noticed it said "0" ratings on my profile. There must be others silently wondering about it who have not found this topic.

Google Local Guides management: pretty please!

Mabel Amber