AdvanceKnowledge's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

I am leaving local guide

Ok thanks you google for not connect me live i have done very much hard work in add places writing reviews adding place and also missing places but not selected for live event after having so much very much hardwork not selected i was shocked now " Now i will never write any review or add missing places suggestion roads any many more but i will quit it you never selected me i know that but i now never write any review in map not contribute i have asked more than 10 friends to add places use google map contributions but now i will say them personal its just waste time so now i never use it and now never ever add any place in map or any images which i will visit having soo hard work getting big zero from you very dissapointed from you. iam leaving your map contribution i just wasted my time i was thinking to learn new thing if i was selected but your policy is very bad i never ever add anything map finall good bye😭😭😭😬😬😬😬

Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
11 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: I am leaving local guide

Hi @AdvanceKnowledge - I'm sorry that you didn't get picked for Connect Live, but the truth is there were only 151 spots for this year's event, picked among thousands other qualified applicants, so the odds of getting in is very small. Not getting picked doesn't mean that Google or the Local Guides team don't care about your contributions.

Local Guides is a volunteer based program, and nobody can stop you if you want to leave the program, but please understand that none of your contributions are a waste of time. Your contributions are always appreciated and recognized, not only by Google, but also especially by the those that are depending on Maps to find information every single day. 

Level 8

Hi

@AdvanceKnowledge

I can understand your feelings brother but I want to say something please don't take is seriously.

You know when a member join with connect and always post their first question "WHAT ARE THE BENIBENE??"

And we Always ans them It's a volunteer type program please don't expect big achievement from here yes they give us perks and other facilities but when it comes for summit or like that the chances are very low I mean seriously very low.

And also we ans them don't take it as a work!!

brother its not about the benefits it's about helping millions of people as you have said on meet up page 

people like you on that wedding night always searching for a new road on maps that time your contribution is blessing for them please think like that.You might help someone to reach hospital at the right time you might helped a delivery boy to reach at his customer.

685403(on connect only) and seats150 

almost 4.5k=1 seat 

I am sorry brother 

but @OSAMA living legend on connect top kudos achiever yet not selected for summit

@deepakjhic one of the most active member of connect also level nine lg top 3rd solution badge achiever

@HelloSamsonR level 10 local guide also top one of the top contributor 

again not selected on summit 

I don't mean you are small but i am trying to say you're not the only one who is not selected but there is very strong candidates also not selected please don't take it so seriously bro so limited seats and too many candidates I hope you understand have a nice day 

@

@

don't give up 😃one day you will be there god bless you ☺️☺️

Level 10

Believe me, I CAN understand you.

But this is not the right reaction; I can understand, but this is really not the best thing to do.

You should continue contribute as long as you are satisfied in doing so and you have an advantage in using updated and fresh content from Google Maps.

I will continue, as usual, working hard, without any expectations, so happy being helpful to many people.

Level 10

Hello Bro,
I was not selected either, and I felt disappointed and a little annoyed because I had also worked a lot, but unfortunately I was not selected. I also thought about leaving everything, but in the end I reflected and I think that attitude is not the right one.
Although we collaborate hoping to obtain a reward, sometimes it is not like that. And this also happens in the daily life of real life. Sometimes we think that what we do deserves an ancestor, but nobody thanks us for anything. Or sometimes we love and hope to be loved, but unfortunately that does not happen. Or we forgive but when we make mistakes they do not forgive us. Or we do something good but they give us something bad back. Or maybe there are people who love us and we do not know how to value them.
I encourage you to take this experience to go ahead and think about doing things even if no one applauds you or gives you a medal. There are thousands of people in the world who help and nobody recognizes anything. Then let's learn to give love without expecting anything, to help without expecting anything in return. Let's do things because we understand that it is right to do it.
I am a Christian and I know there is a God who sees everything. 🙂 

Level 9

Hi @AdvanceKnowledge I am also a Level 9 contributor and trsuted street view photographer by Google Maps. I am also not selected by Google to go for Connect Live 2018. But, but... There are many things to do instead of leaving this program. I am working/active on more than 4 google products forums like this and enjoying my work happily😊. I started to work on these forums before 1.5 year ago and till date I have attended more than 6 Google Events in India. I mean, never expect anything too early. Good things take time to happen🤡 So, keep continue to give your best to Google Maps and its program. You will enjoy a lot like me and all other colleagues 😍🎉🎊 Never lose hope, do hard work... All the best for future😊 Have a nice journey ahead😍
Level 10

@AdvanceKnowledge life is a race it's not mean i  start run in a racing competition and win . i don't know you before how many time apply there .

Mahabub Hasan
Level 9

@AdvanceKnowledge

Hi 

This is what is life ?

We are connected to a world wide community . We made friends around the world . 

We got connected to the Google sharing the knowledge of your locality .

Which otherwise will not be available to others on search .

But the addition should be screened for real places only . 

Website developers are mis using this feature . 

We at Kerala Local Guides are fighting against this . 

Selection is like a lottery .

It is not based on the contributions

Better try next time . 

Learn from doing 

3 days programs will not give you anything . You learn more here .

Thanks

I am Varghese Jose ,
Google Trusted Photographer and Verifier

Contribution - https://goo.gl/maps/QkatPKkaqW32
Connect profile  https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/badges/userbadgespage/user-id/21203/page/1#
Virtual tour on YouTube https://youtu.be/nLLavk8kXK8

Facebook posts at
https://www.facebook.com/sariga360/ And
https://www.facebook.com/aroundkochi/

Application video 2018 -https://youtu.be/z0OgWDff5lM
2017 - https://youtu.be/1eTNFfx_raA

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/badges/userbadgespage/user-id/21203/page/1#
Level 8

Hi, seriously is not about the benefit we (Local guide) drive from Google but the Joy of helping others to the right place at the right time via Google map. Even I was not selected as well but I didn't feel bad but was happy for those that was selected from my country (Nigeria) and other countries as well so just try and understand. Thanks @AdvanceKnowledge

Level 9

I am LG level 8,

I been to America and UAE, after visiting those country's,  I felt I would like to improve the Map and was keep updating the each and every areas without any expectations.

Purpose fully I didn't Applied for Connect Live 2018, Because who is interested to visit can utilize that.

Sometime I also feel like that. After spending so many hours, and contributing 1000 of pictures. What will we Get? , just Points and some useless perks we can't use it.

At least Google has recognize some Local guides Levels and rewards them. Unfortunately Using the LG points we can't buy food.