Icok's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

I Got Shocked

At this morning 7.15 am ( indonesia midle time) , I got shocked, I found my account banned, i cannt access connect.

Screenshot_2018-05-06-07-15-56.png

So i try to find my fool, what's happened ?

I throw my questions to some one and my fellows send to me questions back.

What are you doing before ?

Screenshot_2018-05-06-07-44-11.png

I confused how to reply the questions, becouse i never break any rules of forum connect.

I opened my contribution at google map, i have my all badge contributions in map. google.

Screenshot_2018-05-06-07-47-01.png

So i just let the time run, and after fiew hours (about 2 hours), I try to login back to my account, and finally i have my account back to normal.

• My question to the team.

If that happen again and if google local guides connect care with us, 

will local giides connect sent us notification through email ?

Cc. @TraciC

Thanks

Mataram, Kota Mataram, Nusa Tenggara Barat, Indonesia
5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
Solution

Re: I Got Shocked

Hi @Icok,

As per this pinned post,

@GusMoreira wrote:

Usually, we can’t let you know if you’ve violated a policy before you’re banned, though we’ll try our best to get in touch if you’re a very active contributor on Connect. If you’ve already been banned, in most cases we can’t provide details about why you were removed from the program.

If you think you may have been wrongfully removed from the program and your account hasn’t been reinstated for more than 10 days, don’t create a new account to post on Connect (since that’s against our program rules, too). Mention @localguides on Twitter or write on our Facebook wall letting us know you've been banned and we will follow up with you over private message.

I hope this post will answer your every question. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.

View solution in original post

Level 9
Solution

Hi @Icok,

As per this pinned post,

@GusMoreira wrote:

Usually, we can’t let you know if you’ve violated a policy before you’re banned, though we’ll try our best to get in touch if you’re a very active contributor on Connect. If you’ve already been banned, in most cases we can’t provide details about why you were removed from the program.

If you think you may have been wrongfully removed from the program and your account hasn’t been reinstated for more than 10 days, don’t create a new account to post on Connect (since that’s against our program rules, too). Mention @localguides on Twitter or write on our Facebook wall letting us know you've been banned and we will follow up with you over private message.

I hope this post will answer your every question. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Connect Moderator

Hi, @Icok

I see @deepakjhic already shown the post with the indications on how to highlight the situation to the team.

Fortunately in your case it was only some temporary glitch in the database, or some wrong information on your cache. It happened to me too, so I can understand your feelings

Ermes

Level 7

Thanks for show me the quote @deepakjhic  .

Hi @ErmesT i got your point.. its not only me facing this case.. thanks for reply my thread.

Former Google Contributor

Thank you so much! @ErmesT and @deepakjhic

Hello @Icok, your account seem fine - it is not banned. As @ermest (thank you!) mentioned, it was probably a temporary glitch. If you can't access to your account again (but I hope this won't happen again), please follow the instruction in the post that @deepakjhic (thank you!) shared with you. Sorry for the trouble, but I'm glad you are here on Connect. Enjoy!

Level 7

Thanks @Atsukot @ErmesT @deepakjhic 

You all so nice guys.. and thanks for sharing 🙂