SharfuddinR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

How to increase ratings?

How can I increase my Ratings point? Can any one tell me how to get ratings point? Rating.png

Dhaka, Dhaka Division, Bangladesh
13 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: How to increase ratings?

Hi @SharfuddinR

Ratings means when you only post the rating the starts 1-5 but do not write reviews. 

Check more about points.

https://support.google.com/local-guides/answer/6225851

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hi @SharfuddinR

Ratings means when you only post the rating the starts 1-5 but do not write reviews. 

Check more about points.

https://support.google.com/local-guides/answer/6225851

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 9

Hi @SharfuddinR,

Your thread is little bit unclear. Could you plz explain about what you are referring to? 

1. You own a business?
  2. or you want to increase your points as a local guide?

If you want to increase your points for local guide account then @NareshDarji provided you correct information. 

Keep me posted.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 10

Hi @SharfuddinR, to elaborate what @NareshDarji already pointed out; 

• When you only rate a place (i.e. add the star rating without a written review), you will get 1 point as a rating. 
  • When you also review the place with a written review, you get 5 points for the review and 1 point for the rating but now this 1 point will count in your review points.

This means that if you write a lot of reviews and are not too lazy to only press the star rating button, your review points will be high while your rating points low. This is actually good as you are a quality reviewer and not like some other LG's who keep pushing the button without thinking (or actually having been at the place at all).

Level 7

Thanks a lot. I understand it very well now.

Level 10

You're not the first who's confused, @SharfuddinR. Maybe the system should keep the rating 1 point under ratings and you would know how many ratings without reviews you have by the difference in the two.

Level 8

@Csaba  okay, let's see if I understand...

I have approx. 237 Reviews but only a rating of 9. 

99.97% of my entries have actual written reviews of which approx. 95% have reviews of over 400 words.

Then the rating of 9 according to you is a good thing?

Level 10

Well, @VBenedict, let me put this way; at 237 reviews to 9 "simple" ratings (with no reviews) you are much better than me with my 125 reviews (of which only 54 is longer than 200 characters) to 31 ratings. 

Everybody is good at something. It seems you are much better than me at ratings and reviews (I admittedly loath this part of LG'dom).

Level 10

Hi @SharfuddinR
Please read here.

Level 8

Hi Csaba,

Or anybody else that can answer this question.

I would like to question your response. Since I do reviews and I write them out, add pictures and click on the level of stars between 1-5 each time I write a review but I still have "0" under my total for Ratings?

Why is the ratings "0" ?Why is the ratings "0" ?