CaptainHook's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

How to embed a Street View into a post on connect?

Hello!

I'd like to embad a street view into my post  - I tried to copy paste the link offered by maps in the HTML mode. I don't know any other way. But then when I click post, the link is removed as invalid.

Can you help, please?

@Gio51x, you're the expert in this!

The link I used:

(<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!4v1533818973687!6m8!1m7!1sB81lmXweZOVUCrlj72HOGA!2m2!1d48.7325..." width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0" allowfullscreen></iframe>)

16 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: How to embed a Street View into a post on connect?

Level 10

hello @CaptainHook   

the solution is in this link   

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Share-Your-Photos-and/people-in-the-world-with-Street-View-2/m... I wrote it a few days ago to another friend of Connect, however, my new album of people in the world can be found on page 6 at this link if you do not find the one above https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Share-Your-Photos-and/people-in-the-world-with-Street-View-2/m... hello GIO'
Level 8

Thanks for your reply, @Gio51x

I did exactly the same and everything seems ok, but when I click "post" to submit the article, an error message appears and the link is removed.

frame.png

Level 10
Solution

Level 8

Thank you, @LucioV, that explains it.

I think however that the rule makes very little sense.

Level 10

my link is active, I have attached the link because I had already explained the procedure to another friend these days.

did you follow the descriptive / photographic procedure I published to the other friend?

in any case, let's start from scratch.
now I'll rebuild the procedure:  

if you want to publish the SV of the railway bridge here in the photo follow this procedure.

10.jpg   

click on the three points on the top left,
a window opens and click on Share or Embed images

11.jpg 

open a white box and click on Embed a map

12.jpg   

if you come out of the geographical map click on the x in the upper right corner you will find the vision of the place, move the mouse on the screen and click again as per the procedure already written.

13.jpg   

14.jpg 

left mouse button: highlights in blue ((1 click) the link
right click (1 click) copy the link which is blue. 

15.jpg

tags and description you have to make them in RICH TEXT then click on HTLM and under the description paste the link in blue copied before. keep everything in HTLM mode and click on Post.

and your SV is published as I publish them.  

GIO'  

Level 10

@CaptainHook 

if you are not SVT you can become it by downloading the SV app on the smartphone and following the Maps requirements make the 50 spheres (50 published that must also be approved) and obtained the svt badge you will be able to post SV as he told you @LucioV

Level 10

@Gio51x 

Well explained, Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Hi, @CaptainHook

The reason of the rule is that "I-frame" is a potentially dangerous function. The possibility to embed Street View in Connect is given to SVTP and Moderators only for this specific reason. We already had in the past some inappropriate use of it

I am marking @LucioV's reply as the solution, because he is giving the correct answer.

The purpose of having the SVTP badge is not to add I-frame on Connect, @Gio51x, but to improve the contents on Google Maps and, for many SVTP, to be professional in this

Level 10

@ErmesT 

hello, 

I got the badge to sell VT to commercial activities and I'm still at level 9, in fact I could have been 10, but I'm refining the activity of LG in terms of reviews, according to some LG videos seen on You tube.
I have to acquire appropriate photographic equipment to be able to offer the sale of VT and today I passed the Verifier quiz to then also associate the management creation of GMB.
to date I have approved 76 spheres correctly inserted on google maps.
in Connect the only problem is the limit of 1000 photos, I switched to htlm mode after I had loaded many screen images that now I will see 'to delete. 

GIO'