MihirBhavsar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

How to do add missing place on Google

Hi All,

I am Google level 4 local guide. I would like to add a missing place on Google. I have tried to do it, but it goes on pending or not accepted. I would like to know how can we do it?

Please suggest me. 

Melbourne VIC, Australia
5 comments
Level 10

Re: How to do add missing place on Google

@MihirBhavsar Whilst it's not openly stated, there should be a trust metric of each contributor that the system will decide on for an edit (adding new places included). As contributor and editor in Maps, one needs to build up that trust metric, by slowly making small approved edits, and that trust metric will increase. Over time, you may find it may be easier to get approved edits. It can go the other way also if we keep making unapproved edits.

You may want to read this post also.

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Mapping-Your-World/Why-is-my-edit-status-Pending-or-Not-Applie...

Level 4

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I appreciate it. I would like to get some advice as well. I am just wondering that how has created this business. There is no physical address at all. He has done multiple listings with this kind of address. 

Please guide me. Is it possible? If yes then how? 

end of lease cleaning cremorne   Google Search(1).png

Level 10

@MihirBhavsar If possible, share more details. Didn't fully understand. Did you mean someone added wrong businesses in Maps? Or wrong address? Give the full picture and background so we can possibly help.

@MihirBhavsar wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I appreciate it. I would like to get some advice as well. I am just wondering that how has created this business. There is no physical address at all. He has done multiple listings with this kind of address. 

Please guide me. Is it possible? If yes then how? 

end of lease cleaning cremorne   Google Search(1).png

Level 4

Hi @StephenAbraham

See attached screenshot. end of lease cleaning south yarra   Google Search.png

Level 10

@MihirBhavsar For businesses or places you actually know are not real or fake or spam, you can go to Google Maps, Suggest and Edit, Spam/Fake 

This is the right way to report a fake place.

But but sure that you know it's a fake place. If you are living around that area, and that place really doesn't exist, then you should report it as above.

Separately:

Also, If you find a user who is constantly adding or editing or posting fake material/photos etc, you can report it in LG Connect. Refer to this post on how to report a spammer

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Help-Desk/How-Do-I-Report-Content-on-Google-Maps/m-p/202916#M3...