Avinash_V's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

How to Report a Connect Member?

Hey Googlers,
A Connect member Kudoded all my images without reading my post just to get the Gave 5000 Kudos badge. I knew right then it was a spam.
I confronted him over private messaging to not do that again, and he agreed to it.
But, if I come across another member again, how do I report the person?
Best,
Avinash

6 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: How to Report a Connect Member?

Hi @Csaba

Thanks for bringing up.

It is true that Local Guides usually give kudoes as a welcome for a new member's first post, to express appreciation and engage with the other community members in a quite immediate way. No need to report this behaviour, of course. 

But sometimes kudoes might be an indicator for other spammy behaviour, though, as also discussed also in this interesting topic - which I can see you contributed also in a very insightful way, too. If there is a concern around an excess of kudoes or you suspect that this can be part of a spammy behaviour, a Local Guide can report it via the suggested procedures - and we can have a look. 

Many thanks.

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them

View solution in original post

Hi @Avinash_V

You can either "Report inappropriate content" using the menu on the upper right in the post, explaining  in details the reasons why, or tag one of the Google Moderator in your post - not disclosing any personal details of other Local guides publicly -   and we will reach you out via private message with further instructions.

Many thanks!

Level 10

@MariaBi, simply kudoing images will not create a post that could be reported.

Level 9

@Avinash_V

You want to report a LG just because he/she kudoded your images 🤔🤔🤔 !?

What about Posts kudos : do you accept them or should we understand you'll report generous LG's ?

Personnaly I don't care even if a LG want to get Billion Kudos Badge.

If it was possible I would give all my kudos, badges and points to LG's who seriously pay attention to these stuffs.

Strange situation

My MapsIWe're the World, We're the Local Guides!
Level 7

Hey @BoyScout,
Him giving kudos was not important.
But getting to know how to report a connect member who posts inappropriate content in the community was my concern.
Best,
Avinash

Solution

Hi @Csaba

Thanks for bringing up.

It is true that Local Guides usually give kudoes as a welcome for a new member's first post, to express appreciation and engage with the other community members in a quite immediate way. No need to report this behaviour, of course. 

But sometimes kudoes might be an indicator for other spammy behaviour, though, as also discussed also in this interesting topic - which I can see you contributed also in a very insightful way, too. If there is a concern around an excess of kudoes or you suspect that this can be part of a spammy behaviour, a Local Guide can report it via the suggested procedures - and we can have a look. 

Many thanks.

Level 7

Hey @MariaBi,
Thank you for the sharing the link to the other topic. It answers my question.
Best,
Avinash