DrShaunak's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Hospital review

Hello The Local Guides Team, 

Today I met some of my doctor friends at a seminar meeting and we discussed many things. A part of our discussion was about emergency medical (trauma) services in our state and I was thinking about some ways like whether Local guides can help us in unlikely event of an emergency. 

May I request you to please add some questions for hospital/clinic review like

Whether emergency/trauma services available here?  (Yes/No) 
Is the hospital open for 24 hrs? 

Whether outdoor treatment(OPD)/day care facility available?

Whether Blood tests/ investigations like basic imaging (CT/MRI scan, X ray, USG etc.) done here? 

Are the hospital staffs good ? 

I am happy to hear from my colleagues that a few of us are quite familiar with google maps because they often use maps to see restaurant/shopping mall reviews and I explain them about local guides programme. I hope they join us soon. 

Thanks,

Shaunak Das 

Local Hero: Mapping Calcutta’s Hospitals | Instagram | Facebook| Twitter | YouTube | LGSummit16, LGSummit17, SVT18 alumnus
12 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Hospital review

Great idea! We will pass this along to the team who works on those questions 🙂

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Its great suggesion. I agree with u.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Great idea! We will pass this along to the team who works on those questions 🙂

Level 8

Hello @DrShaunak

It is very good suggesion. 

Thanks and Regard
Debanjan Chakrabarti
Level 8

It would make sense if those pieces of informaton were added / answered by medical professionals who know the hospital, but I'd be pretty cautious about allowing any user to influence the accuracy of such information, in a situation where the accuracy of information is of utmost importance: it may be an extreme example, but it wouldn't be good if someone were to make the wrong decision in a life-or-death situation, because that person was misinformed by what's stated on Google Maps.

Connect Moderator

@wasaweb estoy muy de acuerdo contigo, es muy delicado, cuando el tema es de vida o muerte, la propuesta del @DrShaunak es espectacular, me sumo para los hospitales de Argentina, pero las respuestas la tienen que dar los profesionales o personal administratigo que se adueño de "My Bussiness" del Hospital o centro de salud. 

Level 9

@wasaweb @FaridTDF In that case there must be some solution set by google like those questions can be answered only by verified people/ local guides. @iyudhi what is your suggestion regarding this ? 

Local Hero: Mapping Calcutta’s Hospitals | Instagram | Facebook| Twitter | YouTube | LGSummit16, LGSummit17, SVT18 alumnus
Connect Moderator

I think it's a good idea. But like other establishments, users shouldn't rely 100% on the crowdsourced info. But I think it would be good to get a general idea of the quality and capability of the hospitals.

Level 10

Local guides are not infallible, and almost certainly not as knowledgeable about hospital functions as the operators of said facility, so although this idea sounds good, it needs VERY careful consideration.

MapMaker forum: http://goo.gl/6e5Kv9 :: Maps forum: http://goo.gl/Xy2G79 :: Give Kudos for great content!
Level 8

@DrShaunak Your Idea is brilliant! this would help a lot of people finding the right hospital for them. Keep posting awesome ideas like this. I hope Google will roll out the new update with this feature.

Sovon Biswas • Level 8 • Community Moderator • Love to- Travel, Photography, Mapping • Google Fan