cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Have the ability to add multiple categories and phone numbers to a place

Hello @deepakjhic,

Thank you for your reply.
I know one can add multiple categories and phone numbers to their Google My Business page.  I do not own any of the businesses I add or edit.

I would like a new feature, so that  Local Guides would have the same possibility in Maps.

Regarding the tag with numbers: It is not my contact number. I did not add it, cannot delete it either.

Anyone can add tags to posts, so I am not sure if that number is generated or someone added it to my post.

Cheers

Gabor

@deepakjhicc wrote:

Hie @GaborBi ,

First of all please remove your contact number from your tagline. And after that I want to say in an owned business you can add multiple categories & contact numbers. 

Does this clarify? 

Cc @JeslynL

Level 6

Expanding the business or location type

I have found it difficult at times when adding a new business that does multiple lines/services and there is no option to match or need to pick more than 1 option.

Ideas for improvement.

Level 7

Re: Expanding the business or location type

Please understand that Google Corp. wishes to focus its Maps product is on the geographic location, not on precise description of every product and service provided there.   Google Search is meant for more detailed info about those products and services.  

Level 10

@ZainURKhan the Google Maps backend does support multiple categories per business/place. Before the Map Maker editor was retired in March 2017, it was possible for users to edit all assigned categories, not just the "primary" category.

Google previously announced that features of Map Maker were going to be rolled into the Google Maps editor, and this was one that many of us expressed interest in. Google has not announced a timeline as to which features or when those features will be available to users.

M. W. Jones -- Former Map Maker Regional Lead, United States
Connect Moderator

Hola @ZainURKhan, voy a unir tu solicitud con otro hilo que solicita lo mismo que tú, gracias por compartir con nosotros sus deseos para con Google Maps.

saludos Farid