elephunk21's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Google reviews by local guide posting negative fake reviews and advertising his own business

Hi, 

How do i report a local guide who is advertising his services on other's google businesses review  with the same services as his and some of them are downright slander?
Just googled his business (the name of which he left on other similar businesses reviews) and the local guide reviewed his own business with 5 stars and also put in his contact details so its quite obvious its his own business. He has left 63 reviews on other similar business services of his and almost all are 1 stars.

Not the right way to do business. Completely unprofessional.  I saw on one of the discussions that  I needed to tag a google moderator to look into this. 

Singapore
5 comments
Level 10

Re: Google reviews by local guide posting negative fake reviews and advertising his own business

Hi @elephunk21

You need to Report it on Google Maps. 

Open the fake review you want to Report, on right side of review there are three dots, click on it and with reasoning you Report it.

Then you may tagg moderator here.

Warm Welcome to Local Guide Connect family.

It seems this is your first post.

You can post your reviews, edits, photos, comments and stay focused on forum guidelines. 

Before actual posting, Pl. go through LG Connect Rules, Five Core Value of Connect, Help etc. 

Never share your or anybody's personal information in LGC.

Also introduce yourself to LG Connect @Aug.2018, for better understanding to interact with the community.

You may use search engine to check the topics already discussed earlier.

Happy exploring, mapping and writing.

Vijay Desai.

Level 3

Re: Google reviews by local guide posting negative fake reviews and advertising his own business

Hi Vijay,

I have already flagged mine as advertising. But i have only flagged for what he did for my own business service. However i don't think it is fair to the 50 other businesses (different companies which are not mine but with the similar business service) he gave a 1 star for and advertised his own business.  for him to continue to be a 'guide' if all he is doing is raving about his own business and posting fake spams is defeating the purpose of being a guide.

This is my first time using this site so I dont want to accidentally post his information public and would prefer if a google moderator can look into this through private message.

Connect Moderator

Hi @elephunk21

Thanks for reaching us.

Please read this post to know how to report a Local Guide: How to identify and report fraud on Google Maps

You are right, and you don't need to write private information in here.

I am tagging a Google Moderator ( @GeorgesHR) for you

Former Google Contributor

Hey @elephunk21,

Thanks for reaching out.

I will contact you over a private message with more information.

Hi @ErmesT, Thanks for the mention.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 10

@elephunk21 I myself have come across quite a few instances of blatant or less blatant advertising. Unfortunately all platforms will have people who try to manipulate or abuse it.

Thank you for reporting! 

Follow Instagram & Twitter @jhender. SG updates at #singaporelocalguides. YouTube Fun with Maps