JeanRV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a disabled or handicapped parking category

Dear Local Guides,

I already made the request to add a disabled or handicapped parking category  in the Feedback and feature request board:

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Feedback-and-Feature-Requests/Google-Maps-feature-request-add-...

I got 15 kudos for the post between October 2017 and march 2018 for this request.

Could you please add this caegory.

Thanks in advance for considering the idea

6 Comments
Level 10

Hello @TraciC,

I read your post "Local Guides are meeting up for accessibility", and I liked it.

I loved the idea to use part of the time I spend on Google Map on trying to improve accessibility. After thinking about what I can do right now, even before organizing a meetup with a focus on accessibility.

I came up with an idea, add parking reserved for disabled people to the Maps. I have been surprised to discover that there is no specific category for this kind of parking. Would it be possible to add this category?

Googler

Hi @JeanRV. I'd like to see that, too, especially in places where parking is hard to find, like here in NYC. I'll definitely pass along your feedback to the responsible teams but encourage you to encourage others who might agree to add their thoughts to this post as well as sharing the feedback directly in the app or on desktop, too. The more we share, the better! 🙂 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 10

Thanks @TraciC for your prompt reply.

I will provide the feedback in Google Maps and encourage others to request this feature

Level 9

Hi everyone :^)

I totally agree about this idea, since this new category will be very usefull for people that have trouble each time they move. Months after months, the collected informations about every POI are more and more detailed, rich and finally very useful. Since Maps are now offering a car mode, the "disabled parking" category would be a very welcome novelty.

Have a good day.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @JeanRV,

I think that your idea is brilliant! Thank you so much for sharing it with us!

P.S.: I merged both ideas into a single thread and I've also moved the votes, so now you have a total of 17 Kudos. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Googler
Status changed to: Closed

Hi @JeanRV. This isn't something the team is able to implement at this time so I will be marking the idea as closed.We will, however, keep all ideas submitted in mind for future reference. Thank you. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.