Pankajsah's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Google Local guide T-shirt

I read some of post that Google Local guide T-shirt is given as a gift to LGs.It would be better to work even,advertise Google and no tension to explain why I am asking the facts.If it is given then let me tell u tell about my country Nepal is a land-locked country so no ship delivery is available and I am at Level 6 with 3370 points.Try to give my answer in reply otherwise plz don't reply because I am not satisfied by someone who provides links to understand.

id="224847i4CE38329FBA4CFBA"
size="small" resized="true" sourcetype="new">

Biratnagar, Eastern Region, Nepal
4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: Google Local guide T-shirt

Hi @Pankajsah, This is a volunteer program, there isn't a direct financial gain to it. Sometimes there could be small perks given just to encourage us along the way, but that shouldn't be taken as a financial gain, as it's usually quite small.

As a Local Guide, you earn points for sharing reviews, photos, and knowledge on Google Maps. Those points lead to higher levels of the program, as well as benefits like early access to Google features and special perks from partners. Perks and benefits for the Local Guides program are always changing.  Benefits like invites to special events are made available to our high quality and actively contributing Local Guides. Here is a review of our points system

Local Guides also enjoy early access to new product features as well as occasional perks from some of our partners and benefits from Google. There is no financial compensation from being a Local Guide as this is an at-will program that you are free to contribute to at your own leisure. 

To make sure you are in the know on future updates, please ensure your email-settings are set to receive updates on 'Perks' and 'News & Product Updates'

Thanks for being with Local Guides. If you have any question about Local Guides or Google Map, feel free to ask here.

Happy Guiding

Happy Mapping

Regards

- Al Naiem

View solution in original post

Level 8
Solution

Hi @Pankajsah, This is a volunteer program, there isn't a direct financial gain to it. Sometimes there could be small perks given just to encourage us along the way, but that shouldn't be taken as a financial gain, as it's usually quite small.

As a Local Guide, you earn points for sharing reviews, photos, and knowledge on Google Maps. Those points lead to higher levels of the program, as well as benefits like early access to Google features and special perks from partners. Perks and benefits for the Local Guides program are always changing.  Benefits like invites to special events are made available to our high quality and actively contributing Local Guides. Here is a review of our points system

Local Guides also enjoy early access to new product features as well as occasional perks from some of our partners and benefits from Google. There is no financial compensation from being a Local Guide as this is an at-will program that you are free to contribute to at your own leisure. 

To make sure you are in the know on future updates, please ensure your email-settings are set to receive updates on 'Perks' and 'News & Product Updates'

Thanks for being with Local Guides. If you have any question about Local Guides or Google Map, feel free to ask here.

Happy Guiding

Happy Mapping

Regards

- Al Naiem

Level 9

Hi @Pankajsah,

We're happy to have you on level 6. As already mentioned by you that you've read most threads about T-shirt. 

Local guides who attended lgsummit17 receive T-shirt before few days ago. There is no such perk available for local guides. Please check your email settings for future perks. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 5

@Pankajsah Meni je jako zao jer Google ne šalje T-shirt u Nepal. Treba imati samopouzdanje. Uz malo sreće možda stigne u Nepal. Pozdrav tebi i svim nepalskim vodičima.

Level 8

Hi. I am at level 7. So far, I haven't received anything from Google. I was wondering how can I get a Google LG t-shirt?

Actually, I tell you the situation. At times, it become little difficult to click photos of places and locations. But in case, I have some identity (say, I'm wearing a LG T-shirt) that will help me with taking pictures and talking to the people.