ajitbehea62's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Request Open Badges to Mappers

I've discussed this here before and I'm asking for it again ...

Why Google doesn't make Open Badges to recognize it mappers and to say some thank and encourage for hard working...

It will not cost Google any penny but it has huge advantages for the project and will make good quality from mappers 🙂

Who Kudo for the idea and agree with it?

Connect Moderator

Re: Request Open Badges to Mappers

Hi @abadymoezain

I have merged your two posts about the same subject.

This is an excerpt of the official rrpor, in which I am merging your post:

"We do not provide Local Guides with ID cards. If asked for identification, we encourage you to share that you are an individual member of the local community (and not an employee of Google) sharing your experiences and local community on Google Maps for others to discover. You are welcome to show them your profile in "Your contributions" in the Google Maps app if they wish to learn more or share the website, g.co/localguides, with those asking questions."

Ermes

Level 10

Google local guide id card to local guide

What Google give  I'd card to local guide 

Level 7

Local Law vs Local Guide

Google should give us a permission or identity card as a security. Because we are facing  a lot of  problem while 

The law says  " if a person enters any government, semi-government, or autonomous organization illegally and secretly record any information or document with electric instruments, it will be considered an act of espionage and he or she will face 14 years of imprisonment, a tk.2,000,000.00fine as money or both.

So what should google take steps? 

SB Shuvo
Former Google Contributor

Re: Local Law vs Local Guide

Hi @SBShuvo, please check out the existing discussion thread about this request here. We encourage you to search the community before posting a question as someone else has most likely asked the same issue or shared the same suggestion. It makes it easier on everyone if we unify conversations and avoid duplicates. Cheers.

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 7

Getting unique identity for local guides

I wounld like to share an idea . 

I think we local guide above level 6 on google maps should get the unique i-cards from the google .

The google should give the e-i-cards (electronic identity card) for the local guide .

It will be very helpful for photography of the different places and the trust on local guide for the peoples .

These idea should overview by google 

Like if you like the idea 

Thank you .

Level 10

Re: Getting unique identity for local guides

Hi @anand__9__vadnere

I totally agree with you

Best Regards
Rezgar

Connect Moderator

Re: Getting unique identity for local guides

Dear @anand__9__vadnere and @Rezgar

An I'd card has been requested several times. With a simple you will find the official reply in this post, in which I am merging also this one.

Here an excerpt:

"We do not provide Local Guides with ID cards. If asked for identification, we encourage you to share that you are an individual member of the local community (and not an employee of Google) sharing your experiences and local community on Google Maps for others to discover"

Ermes

Level 7

I want any mark form google soo i proof people that i m a local guide

I want my Google local guide t-shirt or any mark form google so i proof that I'm local guide 

Level 10

Re: I want any mark form google soo i proof people that i m a local guide

Hello @Iam_abhishek0, as you have seen that when you open your countribution tab on Google map then you can find yourself displayed as level 4 local guide. So you already are marked as local guide.

Talking about t-shirt and badge many local guide communities have designed t-shirt and badges in their community name. You also can go for that. But we need to be aware that not all logos of Google are allowed to use.

About t-shirt from Google, once they had sent t-shirt to the owner of unofficial communities. Let's see what plans they have. If you reach to level 5, apply for connect live event before May 1, 2018 and get selected for participation you will definitely get t-shirt from connect live team. So hurry up. 🙂

Thank you so much.