ajitbehea62's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Google Local Guides ID Card

Can we are Get a Google Local Guides ID Card(Authorized Maximum Place or Benefit)?

259 comments

Accepted Solutions
Googler
Solution

Re: Google Local Guides ID Card

Hi @ErShaileshN @ajitbehea62 @IskrenI @IskrenI @pyerdna @iyudhi We do not provide Local Guides with ID cards. If asked for identification, we encourage you to share that you are an individual member of the local community (and not an employee of Google) sharing your experiences and local community on Google Maps for others to discover. You are welcome to show them your profile in "Your contributions" in the Google Maps app if they wish to learn more or share the website, g.co/localguides, with those asking questions. I'm sure you are obeying all local laws but if someone does not wish to have their place photographed, it's OK to not photograph it. We encourage Local Guides to follow all local laws and respect privacy when it is asked, of course. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.

View solution in original post

Level 7

Great idea! I was once reported and questioned by Mall Security for taking pictures of a restaurant inside the Mall. It all turned out okay once I explained and demonstrated what/why I was doing, but it would be nice to be able to show some sort of Official ID with a picture on it.

Level 6

@GuyeB wrote:

Great idea! I was once reported and questioned by Mall Security for taking pictures of a restaurant inside the Mall. It all turned out okay once I explained and demonstrated what/why I was doing, but it would be nice to be able to show some sort of Official ID with a picture on it.

I also experienced that before. Having an ID for an official Google Local Guide would validate our tasks and prevent scenarios like these.

Level 5

ID card for Local Guides

How to get an ID card as a local guide...?

Rakibul
Level 7

Re: ID card for Local Guides

@RakibulI Look below your post and you should see a few suggestions.

I tried to copy and paste but this question was solved by a moderator with great suggestions.

Laurie

Connect Moderator

hi @RakibulI, there is currently no official ID card provided by Google for Local Guides. Please do keep in mind that the nature of Local Guides program is volunteer based. You're not in any way working for Google or employed by the company.

Can I ask the intention of having a Local Guides ID card? Perhaps we can try to find an alternative solution.

Level 5

Nothing Special. Only for general identity if any dear..

Rakibul
Level 8

@iyudhi I would like to add importance  to have ID card of Local Guides: Like

1. Visiting some historical / important place, most of the time authority required identity card /  business card.

2. People / Place where I can get permission if I have an ID.

3.When people don't understand Local Guides and Disagree to share anythings.

4.If we have card, will be able to understand that we are volunteer of Google Map  and doing good for you & your Country .

Most of us know Google / Google Maps but not Local Guides much.

Hope you understand my opinion.

Level 8

agree with @MohammadGM's points

i have faced with some of situations to show an identification. most of time showing my local guide profile n contributions works fine. but sometimes they need physical identifications  in order to issue a pass or give details about a place 🙂

Level 7

for my self i faced too much problem when i went to some places and i wanted to take picture and i have been kicked out or i am not allowed to take pic. , this ID or any thing just something proving that we are working to make world more simple . as i said in too many threads Google don't want to give anything to anyone they just want us to work for them and they share all things that Google did it not anyone else .

i have to mention that Newtons third Law say :

When one body exerts a force on a second body, the second body simultaneously exerts a force equal in magnitude and opposite in direction on the first body.

so iam working to help Google and make their map app looks better and better, they have to respect what we are doing and offer us things that i need for their works like visiting places taking pictures of places its been may be 6 or 7 i don't know iam working on map maker . so don't tell us volunteer volunteers we know that and we believe it to work for .

finally i don't expect anything like that from Google.

Best Regards .