ajitbehea62's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Google Local Guides ID Card Urgent

Google Local Guides ID Card Urgent   urgent required Google local guide level 5 ID card why I guess many time government location asking required ID card minute time and many time location visit I am the place Government of India and government location required ID card MANY TIME  location government location I request please answer me urgent required Google local guide ID card level 5 thank you all I am waiting for answer Google local guide team

Level 10

Re: Google Local Guides ID Card Urgent

Hi @ErShaileshN there is no "Google Local Guides ID Card" and Google will never release it. You are not allowed to represent yourself as "Google" or "Google employee".

If a business owner don't want you to shoot inside the business you cannot do something to avoid.

You are free to take shoots of the outside areas and add details on the Business placepage on Maps.

If you need permission to shoot government buildings you need to receive a press permission from a recognized press agency; i did it for some government shoots.

Connect Moderator

@ErShaileshN hi

Plz read this conversation u will get your all answer about  Id card ..01 Google Local Guides ID Card  

02 Google Local Guides ID Card

Level 6

Re: Google Local Guides ID Card

So... at the end. Are we going to get something to be more easier to identify or we should keep explaining ourselves why we are pointing our phones/cameras in every direction. Today I did about 45 new photos on the main street in my town and I was asked 3 times what I'm doing. Really considering the idea of printing and laminating peace of paper with explanation so I don't have to explain my self. The LG ID is very, very good idea and will help us all.

Level 8

Hi @ErShaileshN. As stated before, if you read the Program rules you will see that you do not represent Google and you do not work for Google and is not allowed to introduce yourself as if you were. At this moment there is no official ID for a Local Guide, the only way to identify yourself to another person is by showing your progress inside the app. If you require to take pictures from a goverment office or any other site you should write a letter to the government requesting permission and explaining the main reason of your purposes, this way you might get a reply where they allow you to do some activities like the ones you're looking for.

Luis Hernández - Querétaro, México. Queretaro Local Guides
Connect Moderator

@IskrenI As of now, I don't believe there's a plan to issue any kind of ID for Local Guides. What I usually do is launch the Maps app, and show them my Contributions page there which shows my profile pic, level, and contributions. This should make it a lot easier to explain to people what you're doing 🙂

Level 9

Yes Sir 

Level 9

Again : Google Local Guides ID Card

Respected sir mam  and respected Google local guide teams: -   I already read Google term and condition via_ Google local guide but-but my opinion: -

I am facing issue this-this location something like this government location not allowed without ID card and any temporary ID card like this photo shoot and review full and final I am facing issue much time I guess.......

Hills station to some place and some of the locations are in govt. Location But what you have to ask the Government before we say and ask photographs for ID cards or to hang...

I Am Waiting For Again Reply And Thanks ......

Level 10

Re: Again : Google Local Guides ID Card

@TraciC can you give him any suggestion for this  

Mahabub Hasan
Googler

Re: Again : Google Local Guides ID Card

Hi @ErShaileshN. As noted in another post with an accepted solution by a Google Moderator, we do not provide Local Guides with ID cards. If asked for identification, we encourage you to share that you are an individual member of the local community (and not an employee of Google) sharing your experiences and local community on Google Maps for others to discover.  You are welcome to show them your profile in "Your contributions" in the Google Maps app if they wish to learn more or share the website, g.co/localguides, with those asking questions. I'm sure you are obeying all local laws but if someone does not wish to have their place photographed, it's OK to not photograph it. We encourage Local Guides to follow all local laws and respect privacy when it is asked. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.