Whataboutolly's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Google Guides Rewards not given.

I am currently a level 5 Google Guide and I haven't received my Google Drive upgrade that I was promised for reaching this level. How can I obtain it? 

UK
10 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Google Guides Rewards not given.

Hi @Whataboutolly,

In addition to what @Naiem mentioned and to answer your question, the Google Drive storage promotion has ended and is not available any more. More information about it you can find the Drive storage promotion has ended post.

Please stay tuned for other perks in future.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

Level 8

Hi @Whataboutolly, This is a volunteer program, there isn't a direct financial gain to it. Sometimes there could be small perks given just to encourage us the way, but that shouldn't be taken as a financial gain, as it's usually quite small.

As a Local Guide, you earn points for sharing reviews, photos, and knowledge on Google Maps. Those points lead to higher levels of the program, as well as benefits like early access to Google features and special perks from partners. Perks and benefits for the Local Guides program are always changing.  Benefits like invites to special events are made available to our high quality and actively contributing Local Guides. Here is a review of our points system

Local Guides also enjoy early access to new product features as well as occasional perks from some of our partners and benefits from Google. There is no financial compensation from being a Local Guide as this is an at-will program that you are free to contribute to at your own leisure. 

To make sure you are in the know on future updates, please ensure your email-settings are set to receive updates on 'Perks' and 'News & Product Updates'

Thanks for being with Local Guides. If you have any question about Local Guides or Google Map, feel free to ask here.

Happy Guiding

Happy Mapping

Regards

- Al Naiem

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hi @Whataboutolly,

In addition to what @Naiem mentioned and to answer your question, the Google Drive storage promotion has ended and is not available any more. More information about it you can find the Drive storage promotion has ended post.

Please stay tuned for other perks in future.

Cheers!

Level 10

@Naiem whats the point of giving robotic and copied reply to a question, in which even the answer is missing?

When someone asks a question all he/she expect is a to the point answer, NOT an elevated elaborated preach.

@MarinSt @Whataboutolly correct me if I am wrong.

Vivekananda Pradhan
Level 8

@Vivekananda18 wrote:

@Naiem whats the point of giving robotic and copied reply to a question, in which even the answer is missing?

When someone asks a question all he/she expect is a to the point answer, NOT an elevated elaborated preach.

@MarinSt @Whataboutolly correct me if I am wrong.

@Vivekananda18 yes you're right. My answer is wrong. And understand that when i saw the @MarinSt reply and he refer a exact link in her reply about the question and the reply has been marked as solution. Take it easily.

Thanks for correct me about this wrong.

Connect Moderator

Hi everyone, please take a moment Please read the Core Values of Connect

@Vivekananda18 while it is true that @Naiem did not exactly answer the question, the general answer given is correct and follows the recommended practices of linking to support/help material, I agree it would have been good to include the same link that Googler @MarinSt did but please consider your language and approach.

Regards Paul

Level 10

@Naiem @PaulPavlinovich There is no intention to hurt someone or go rude here. But I have encountered this practice so many times, and this ruins the whole experience here.

Hope you understand.

Vivekananda Pradhan
Connect Moderator

I do understand @Vivekananda18 it is a concern we all share, however there are ways to go about it. A gentle word is more likely to be listened too. It happens when people like @Naiem who mean really well and try to be helpful start to use macros like both the Googlers and Connect Moderators do. The difference is we pop the macro then we customise the message before finalising the post. To the casual observer they may not notice we do this and they just use the macro feature without any customisation.

Sometimes people think there is a race to be the first answer on every post too, it's better to let the post sit and mellow while you consider a full answer to the question that has been posed.

The way I try and work is I use a list of all unanswered posts then I work through those looking for spam initially and deal with that, then I come back and look at posts that are in the wrong boards, some of them I just move, some where I think the person needs a nudge I'll reply then move, then I get onto the posts that need answers. Often I have a suitable macro that answers 80% of their question then I'll use that, perhaps in combination with others before tailoring the post to the specific question and sending it in. The final thing I look for is where a couple of people need someone to stand between them to calm things down which I'm pleased to say doesn't happen much. I think I might make a generic post out of this as it will help people.

Regards Paul

Level 8

Hello @PaulPavlinovich @Whataboutolly @Vivekananda18 @MarinSt

I'm really soory. I'm really sorry. I'm really sorry. Please forgive me.

Connect Moderator

It's cool @Naiem we can all get some lessons from this interaction and all be better Local Guides to help our new friends here on Connect.