Zeds's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Giving businesses which consistently achieve 5 star ratings and excellent reviews an elite status.

Hi everybody,

My name is Michael and I am a transplanted Aussie living in California.I started posting Google + reviews in April this year after getting an invite from Google.My wife and I get around a bit and I love to review everything I come into contact with

....our dentist,our optician,our mechanic,our local park, restaurants cafes,supermarkets,clothing stores,bicycle shops.....there is nothing I won't review.Within 2 months I had achieved a level 5 rating and I am currently sitting on about 2700 points.

I have posted over 7,500 photos on Google and done 100's of edits and added places.I love to do it because quite often the places or businesses I am doing business with don't have enough information in the few reviews already out there.So I like to add things like the personalities who work there or maybe an exceptional shopping experience...that could be exceptionally good or it could be exceptionally bad.Usually when we look for reviews on something we are about to do business with whether it be a restaurant or a service industry like a dry cleaners we look up who is close by and of course who has the best ratings and reviews.The reviews and ratings for most are quite often mixed but the really exceptional stand out businesses have to sit in with all the average or worse ones.My view is that the businesses that constantly achieve the best reviews and ratings above a certain minimum....possibly 50 would be a fair thing...then those businesses,services.places etc warrant being inducted into an elite category for super achievers.I like to give 5 star reviews as often as I can and I think I'm good at it...owners and managers are often thanking me via Google for a great review.It's nice to be thanked but when I regularly go to a business and use their services I can only submit one review and rating on Google.I think if the business or service is that good visit after visit like my dentist and a couple of coffee shops we frequent and our absolutely fantastic local mechanic...we all know how hard it is to find an honest and reliable good mechanic and some other outstanding places we visit often then I think Google should recognize exceptional service to the local community and give them elite status on Google reviews so it will become something very desirable and prestigious to be a Google Elite Status rated business or service or place.I get enough rewards and satisfaction submitting my many reviews which currently sit at 1178 only 6 months after I joined Google Guides so let's give special credit to the truly outstanding businesses etc in our local community and help make the world a happier ....and more competitive place.

Solana Beach, CA, United States
4 comments
Level 2

Re: Giving businesses which consistently achieve 5 star ratings and excellent reviews an elite statu

Sir will google map really pay money for the points
Level 5

Reward consistently high rated businesses with Google Elite Status.

Hi everybody,

My name is Michael and I am a transplanted Aussie living in California.I started posting Google + reviews in April this year after getting an invite from Google.My wife and I get around a bit and I love to review everything I come into contact with....our dentist,our optician,our mechanic,our local park, restaurants cafes,supermarkets,clothing stores,bicycle shops.....there is nothing I won't review.Within 2 months I had achieved a level 5 rating and I am currently sitting on about 2700 points.I have posted over 7,500 photos on Google and done 100's of edits and added places.I love to do it because quite often the places or businesses I am doing business with don't have enough information in the few reviews already out there.So I like to add things like the personalities who work there or maybe an exceptional shopping experience...that could be exceptionally good or it could be exceptionally bad.Usually when we look for reviews on something we are about to do business with whether it be a restaurant or a service industry like a dry cleaners we look up who is close by and of course who has the best ratings and reviews.The reviews and ratings for most are quite often mixed but the really exceptional stand out businesses have to sit in with all the average or worse ones.My view is that the businesses that constantly achieve the best reviews and ratings above a certain minimum....possibly 50 would be a fair thing...then those businesses,services.places etc warrant being inducted into an elite category for super achievers.I like to give 5 star reviews as often as I can and I think I'm good at it...owners and managers are often thanking me via Google for a great review.It's nice to be thanked but when I regularly go to a business and use their services I can only submit one review and rating on Google.I think if the business or service is that good visit after visit like my dentist and a couple of coffee shops we frequent and our absolutely fantastic local mechanic...we all know how hard it is to find an honest and reliable good mechanic and some other outstanding places we visit often then I think Google should recognize exceptional service to the local community and give them elite status on Google reviews so it will become something very desirable and prestigious to be a Google Elite Status rated business or service or place.I get enough rewards and satisfaction submitting my many reviews which currently sit at 1178 only 6 months after I joined Google Guides so let's give special credit to the truly outstanding businesses etc in our local community and help make the world a happier ....and more competitive place.

Level 5

Re: Giving businesses which consistently achieve 5 star ratings and excellent reviews an elite statu

I am not interested in money for points but prestige for the exceptional businesses. 

Zed Star.

Level 9
Level 9

@Zeds wrote:

My view is that the businesses that constantly achieve the best reviews and ratings above a certain minimum....possibly 50 would be a fair thing...then those businesses,services.places etc warrant being inducted into an elite category for super achievers.

Let's imagine two business. The first has high footfall and a lot of customers, maybe it's something like a fast food joint. The second has a low footfall and only a few customers, maybe it's something like a bespoke tailor down a little side street, with a small but loyal clientele. Both businesses might get equally positive ratings, but the tailor obviously gets fewer so it's a lot harder for the tailor to reach your threshold. Is that fair?