RtnArulPrakasamT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Give more people an opportunity

Give more people an opportunity for India.

India is the largest country in the population, It has 29 states that have a different language speaking country. I want to request more choice for Indians because it is the world's biggest market.

Give opportunity more people to participate LGSummit17

FYI @TraciC, Internet users 

Screenshot_2017-05-20-22-36-14.png

India
10 comments
Level 10

Re: Give more people an opportunity

@RtnArulPrakasamT What point are you making. I don't understand the context of this. FYI If India is the world biggest market, what of China. Because India is much in Population doesn't mean you should get more opportunities. You have to work hard to get what you want. If you want more opportunities because you think your country is the largest then that's unfair. What of other countries?

Level 9

@SamsonR wrote:

@RtnArulPrakasamT What point are you making. I don't understand the context of this. FYI If India is the world biggest market, what of China. Because India is much in Population doesn't mean you should get more opportunities. You have to work hard to get what you want. If you want more opportunities because you think your country is the largest then that's unfair. What of other countries?

Dear friend @HelloSamsonR, I ask more opportunity for Indians to participate LGSummit17

Level 10

@RtnArulPrakasamT But we got Indians too that were selected to attend Summit17. Am sure when the list comes out you would be surprised.

Level 9

Thanks @HelloSamsonR we except at least 5 peoples for LGSummit17

Level 10

@RtnArulPrakasamT Do you know how many local guides already selected from India already?

Level 9

Level 8

At India people won't do anything more if you aren't providing anything in return. Google should take time and think about this.

I have observed at other countries people work for limited hours a day and 5 days a week therefore they are able to contribute this much to the maps.

At India we work for 12 hrs a day for at least 6 day's of week or some like me 7 day a week though we spent this much time to contribute in google map for helping other people.

Think now If you would provide some kind of related job or something valuable in return to this contribution then people would be spending more time and take more effort to be effective in this. and results will be phenomenon that you would have never imagine about. I see many a times rolling out official meet ups and discounts for other countries, but for India whatever you do makes accessible to some of the major cities or stats. Same way for google street walk I have hardly seen someone walking on street or using dslr to shoot streetview of city, as those facilities are available on google's website but they aren't in use of this much. Many people like me would have apply for that but seems no one is getting approval cause I am not seeing anything like that around me.

India has more potential than any other country, though we aren't having literate people all over country but those who are well educated they know they role and they teach other people how to use smartphone/google/google maps.

Take time and give advantages to people of India. just try once. I am sure they would give you 10X than what you expected from them.

Just that was my opinion for betterment. Hope no one take this personally not even Google 😛

I love to travel a lot & share things with people around me, therefore, I contribute to Google Maps
Level 10

@iparthsavani I understand you so much, but you are not being fair. I would like you to take more time to read your post again. Google maps is a voluntary contribution. Google didn't force us to join. We all joined because we wanted to contribute and at the same time receive some benefit's. If Google doesn't invite me to Summit17 doesn't mean I won't have the opportunity for Summit18. Your Contributions and everything is still on the map. Google is not taking that from you. Being a local guide is not all about going to Summit17. There are more benefits than that. Your claims of you work 12hours a day is not an excuse. In Nigeria we Work from Morning Till Night and still face traffic before we get to our homes. But yet we still contribute. Local guides like @SanyaOdare work many hours and live in a traffic city, yet they still contribute as far as organizing one of the biggest meet up we have ever had. Check @DiAnaUS list of selected local guides you would see not 1 but 4 Indians selected. 

Level 10

Thanks a million @HelloSamsonR for the acknowledgement - I appreciate.

@SamsonR wrote:

@iparthsavani I understand you so much, but you are not being fair. I would like you to take more time to read your post again. Google maps is a voluntary contribution. Google didn't force us to join. We all joined because we wanted to contribute and at the same time receive some benefit's. If Google doesn't invite me to Summit17 doesn't mean I won't have the opportunity for Summit18. Your Contributions and everything is still on the map. Google is not taking that from you. Being a local guide is not all about going to Summit17. There are more benefits than that. Your claims of you work 12hours a day is not an excuse. In Nigeria we Work from Morning Till Night and still face traffic before we get to our homes. But yet we still contribute. Local guides like @SanyaOdare work many hours and live in a traffic city, yet they still contribute as far as organizing one of the biggest meet up we have ever had. Check @DiAnaUS list of selected local guides you would see not 1 but 4 Indians selected.