JanVanHaver's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Ghost places

Loads of places pop up in rural areas in the middle of nature and also in water ponds. See screenshotsScreenshot_20171209-122609.png

Screenshot_20171209-122522.png

Clicking them results in 'Can't connect's error, without access to menu to suggest changes.

How can we indicate that those should be removed?

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
8 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Ghost places

@Briggs @NFN @OStr is this something you are familiar with (as a way to find a pastime until the not applied issue gets solved 😉)?

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 10

@JanVanHaver, never seen those before. Interesting!

Connect Moderator

And to make clear it's not something linked to 1 specific area: one screenshot is from Belgium, the other from Germany (350 km apart).

Level 8
Level 8

@JanVanHaver wrote:

@Briggs @NFN @OStr is this something you are familiar with (as a way to find a pastime until the not applied issue gets solved 😉)?

First time seeing it. 

But i have a Bermuda triangle in a shopping center. I tagged it as a place to go. Found its spam, reported it. Some jackass created it again new name. Now it goes to India .....place is in South africa.

"Assam Paint Trade Agency
National Highway 15, Near Police Point, Baihata, Assam 781381, India
+91 98648 20942

https://goo.gl/maps/LaywjPziL7G2"

Currently  Iam dissing admins here on connect about not reading posts before adding a generic answer and marking it as the solved. Seems to help with the thrustration.😂😂

Screenshot_20171209-224235.png

And why in the hell cant connect up the upload size? Screen shots are to big? WtfAnd why in the hell cant connect up the upload size? Screen shots are to big? Wtf

Level 8
Level 8

I wrote a reply....its still being approved....?

Level 10

Hello @JanVanHaver,

I'm pretty aware of these ghost reference points on the map, as well as the can't connect phenomenon. These are simply removed listings that aren't fully deleted from the map (such as being marked as doesn't exist, spam, private, etc). Remnants can remain which still holds data and information in the situation where these listings may possibly need to be reinstated (whether being re-added back on, or deleted on no grounds), and also ghost points may not have been indexed to be invisible from the regular Map can still appear.

I used to only see them in plain sight, but I didn't realise that when trying to uncover missing information these ghost points are rampant. Great find! There really doesn't seem to be any reason to retain this information, I think they should be deleted.

Level 10

Hi @NFN, the system occasionally mislabels a post and sends it to the quarantine. I have released your post now (see above) as it's apparently not spam of course. Sorry for the hassle.

Level 8
Level 8

@Csaba wrote:

Hi @NFN, the system occasionally mislabels a post and sends it to the quarantine. I have released your post now (see above) as it's apparently not spam of course. Sorry for the hassle.

Thankyou. 

Please take my comments with a pinch of salt. Its constructive criticism. 

Where all here to help each other. Google must just still learn this and trust us LG and keep us in the loop.

Tackle the problem head on and be open with us.