AdelAlabd's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Getting notifications like crazy!

I unsubscribed myself from receiving notifications about posts!

yesterday, I commented on a post and since 3 Am I'm getting notifications! 

Deleted the comment!

Emailed!

Did everything possible!

Still getting mails!

I HATE THIS 😂

7 comments
Level 8

Re: Getting notifications like crazy!

IMG_2229.PNG

Is this acceptable?

is this fair?

Level 10

Oh my goodness @AdelAlabd, those are a lot of notifications.

Although you may have turned off your post notifications and emails, you might want to check your User Subscriptions as you can still receive emails from subscribed posts individually. Have a look.

Level 8

IMG_2230.PNG

I got more than 90 notifications in less than12 hours!

I did unsubscribe from user subscriptions before all this crazy mails come! And I just checked it again now! 

I can't make my phone silent cause Im not waiting for something important!

Level 5

I have the same issue, unsubsription doesn't worked. You'd think google of all people could get that simple thing right.

I'm just being everything as spam, if we all do it hopefully their mail server well get black listed for awhile. That'll stop the emails.

That and a report to the appropriate body to handle anti spam law in your country 

Level 8

The craziness stopped finally after 2 days of touring me! 

Nothing being explained, nobody even replied!

Level 8

Hi @AdelAlabd, the unsubscribe feature works fine, but as there huge activities on Connect after the announcement of the latest updates. So the unsubscribe action wasn't immediate because there is already a lot of delayed mail notifications before you unsubscribe 😕

Level 6

Hi @AdelAlabd,

The same thing happened to me. Aside from manually deleting the subscription to the posts, I changed the settings in LG Connect. With these two changes, the notifications stopped within two hours.

Another thing that I found useful is marking LG mails as "Promotions" in Gmail, that way they go to a special folder without showing any notification. I know, it has already been fixed for youm but hopefully these tips can help people with the same issue in the future. It is really frustrating to have your phone ringing every 5-10 minutes.

My Settings - Local Guides Connect.png