RajievR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Get Google Maps to consider Restricted / Private roads when suggesting routes ?

Where I live, I have access to some faster, low traffic restricted access roads. But regardless of how many times I drive on those restricted roads, google maps doesn't learn that i can drive on those roads. It always tries to avoid those roads, and because of that, gives funny route suggestions.

This road is used by thousands. So its great if there could be an option like "use restricted roads" where "don't use toll roads" option is .

2 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Get Google Maps to consider Restricted / Private roads when suggesting routes ?

Hey @RajievR,

While you certainly can give suggestions about Google Maps here on Connect, it is probably best if you provide your suggestions directly on the Google Maps Forum, where your feedback will reach the appropriate team faster.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 9

Re: Get Google Maps to consider Restricted / Private roads when suggesting routes ?

@GeorgesHR wrote:

Hey @RajievR,

While you certainly can give suggestions about Google Maps here on Connect, it is probably best if you provide your suggestions directly on the Google Maps Forum, where your feedback will reach the appropriate team faster.

Didn't know that. Thanks. 

Will do it. 

But after  Paul's reply , I wonder whether it will do any good. It looks like Google know this requirement and prevents implementing it for some reason