MdAbdurRahman's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Frequent Edit Rejected/Not Approved

Google should take care this matter immediately. Otherwise, nobody will feel interest to edit Google Maps. 

Former Google Contributor

Hi @MdAbdurRahman  - It is not my intention to manually review or edit a large spreadsheet as it is not within our scope to be able to check every item escalated here on the threads.  I cannot make the changes for you but seeing a few of your examples may be helpful for troubleshooting purposes.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 8

Hi @BruceDM, I am giving you one example for your reference also we are not able to give you the rejected features link here too cause it needs much time. I am asking for a permanent solution which is still unclear. 
URL: https://goo.gl/maps/sfoWZ8CAm6A2
Feature Name Should be: "Shahid Ahsan Ullah Master General Hospital" 
Existing Name: "Tongi Government Hospital"

Shahid Ahsan Ullah Master General HospitalShahid Ahsan Ullah Master General Hospital

I have tried to change this name twice but got rejected. 

Thanks

@MdAbdurRahman - An edit like this one is typically a symptom of Google not having enough information about the area to confirm its validity.  Your edit suggestion may not always be enough to confirm the correctness although the more people know about an area or suggest the same edit, the better chances it might go through. We wrote a bit about the subject in our evergreen post here. Please continue to try as it is unlikely that all of your edits are being rejected by the algorithm.

Level 8

@BruceDM - "My edit may not always enough to confirm the correctness although the more people know about an area or suggest the same edit", in that case you may need some local delegate/trusted person who can verify the edit or you need to set a trust level of the contributor. FYI i am local here so, i know the perfect details of my area every local person near this area only can verify the edit except who are not here cant verify the edit. I know the mapping guideline since 2010, I have given all the enough information but it has been rejected due to algorithm its not fare. If this continues you will loss the good contributors and will left only the spammer.

@MdAbdurRahman - Thank you for writing. What you have noted has come up a few times with different Local Guides. We appreciate your suggestions and as you probably are aware, we removed regional leads some time ago for various reasons that can be read about publicly on the internet. Most important of all was the abuse of the system.

The team is always working on new spam fighting algorithms and these adjustments are made to find the balance between approvals and automatic denials.  Please continue to share your feedback as comments like yours and those from other Local Guides are instrumental in improving Google Maps.

I do see the hospital name you mentioned show up on the map but it is also closely located to the Tongi Government Hospital. Would you be able to confirm if they are two separate places or if these should perhaps be merged?

Level 8

@BruceDM - Thanks for your reply, i was in vacation so that i couldn't reply. I also hate spamming on map that's why i am writing here, pleased to heard that Google team is working hard to balancing the approval and denial, cause it should be more accurate. I think auto publish can be set for few category like address; and the category which has public access and high priority should have go through a filtering system or to be reviewed by google team. Contributor should have a rating/trust level for add/edit the feature cause i have seen many contributor do spamming for gaining points on their profile.

The feature link you have provided is a spam, i was trying to modify the original feature and if i delete the original feature it will loss the review and rating other hand if i delete the spam feature it will be seen as spam though the feature is really exist.

Level 8

Hi guys,

Honestly, this issue has been in my head for a while I'm glad you bring it in. @MdAbdurRahman @sazib2021

I'm also really concerned about this issue, @BruceDM I understand what you were saying about keeping the integrity of the map, and as you well said the parameters that the app uses to determine if the information is correct or not, are not perfect.

I am from Dominican Republic, a really small country in the Caribbean, this is a developing country thus information about places in not always accurate online. I try to be very detailed, by adding specific hours, address, website, phone number and at least 5 pictures and the suggestions keeps being rejected right away. Most people in this country don't frequently contribute in apps like Google Maps and this kind of issue discourage them to do so...

I think there should be something in between when we are adding places, perhaps a team to check these contributions and if more information is needed it can be asked to us... or there should be a credibility parameter (for local guides with consistent contribuitons). I wouldn't mind to wait days to get it approve it, it would be less frustrating then seeing a very detailed contribution rejected in less than one second.

Coordinators: @ArielleM_ @TraciC @Brittym @YanniY @Corrie @Rodrigo_p @ermest  @BruceDM     WE NEED HELP,  can you send a direct feedback to developers or Maps team to even take this in consideration?  

THANKS!