MdAbdurRahman's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Frequent Edit Rejected/Not Approved

Hi,
I am contributor of Google Map since 2010 and was a Map Maker Lead. I love and like to share my mapping knowledge with others. After closing of Map Maker we are contributing through Google Map. Now a days edits are being rejected frequently without being justify them, even there is no option to contact with the GM team for specific feature feedback. It will discourage the quality mapping. There should be an option to contact in between the team and the contributor to judge the edit. If this has not been solved the user of Google Map will get the wrong information. I hope Google Map team will take this issue seriously.

Thanks

Dhaka, Bangladesh
17 comments
Level 10

Re: Frequent Edit Rejected/Not Approved

@MdAbdurRahman face same problem 

Mahabub Hasan
Level 8

I often fall in this problem. What is its solution? The problem is very annoying even after everything is correct.
shepon
Level 8

It is high time Googler (special tag) @TraciC and connect moderator should do something for us. We were trusted mapper as long as Map maker lead. That time we had power to control map and stop all kind of spamming. But now there is no way to contact with a person who is from google and solving the issue. Now we are very pissed off about the issue. Google should elect some enthusiastic people who are love to explore map and love to make map rich like RERs (Regional expert reviewers) or Regional Lead etc. Those people will control map Creation new place, reporting spam, stoping photo overflow etc. Then map will be more helpful for user. Google Bot doing so much wrong work so this should be controlled manually. 

Thanks

Level 8

It is big problem for google map develop. 

I contributor on google map from 2015. 

Now when i add new place it is not approva and rejected some plase. But i add new place from those location. with photo, Phone number, open & close time but it didn't accept google map.

Level 8

It is the burning issue. This should be solved at any cost.

Level 8

yes its time to develop properly google map.so it need to solve this issue. so many local guide facing this problem ad like me. its need monitoring from some people who can contact with local guide if feel any doubt or local guide can connect with them if all is ok but not approved. 

Former Google Contributor

Hi @MdAbdurRahman and all others,

I understand your concerns about the rejections your edits may go through and I imagine it is a very frustrating experience when you know the edit is correct.  The internal filters are not perfect but the high level of scrutiny an edit undertakes is required to maintain as much Integrity on the map as possible. The reasons an edit might not be applied cannot unfortunately be shared so as to protect us from spammers who might do some harm but perhaps if you wanted to share some of the location URLs you are editing here in this thread, and the items you are getting denied for on the place, I might be able to provide some non-sensitive information on what specifically went wrong. Please understand that I am not able to directly make the changes for you however but I hope to have some insights.

@Arif-BDLG -  There is already a human element in place for review of Map edits, if internal systems cannot confirm the edit themselves. The feasibility of having non-paid volunteers around the world with specific admin rights for specific areas of the world is not something that is necessarily feasible.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 8

Hi @BruceDM,

Thanks for your concern, I also understand the policy to protect the map from the spammers. I can share the URL here. But how long you will solve this issue by doing this manually? There are so many good contributor are being rejected, If you want all these here there will need a spread sheet, so I think this should have a permanent solution. I hope you got my point. 
Thanks

Level 8

Hi @BruceDM hope you are well.

My opinion was electing some people all over the world those who are enthusiastic about making map rich not for paid. Though you have said it is not possible. It's fine. However I'm going to @MdAbdurRahman reply.  I think he is correct. How long you will deal with this issue. It should be solved at permanently. You should contact with all GOOGLERS and the authority about the burning issue. The issue causes to discourse us to contribute on Map. Creating a speedsheet on Google spreedsheet is good for future I think it's best to deal with problem.

Thanks for your response.