viviendoen360's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Free Software to upload Panos

Why Google does not give us a free software to upload Panos faster and masiv.

If you want to edit a pano, you have to edited in your pc or laptop and the send it to your phone so you can upload to Google Street view. 

10 comments
Level 9

Re: Free Software to upload Panos

Hey @viviendoen360:

Great feedback. I am going to move your post to the feedback area as it would be more appropriate there and also allows for others to echo in if they feel the same way 🙂

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 10

@viviendoen360 wrote:

Why Google does not give us a free software to upload Panos faster and masiv.

If you want to edit a pano, you have to edited in your pc or laptop and the send it to your phone so you can upload to Google Street view. 

Hi @viviendoen360 maybe i don't understand your question, but everything you need to upload panoramas to maps is Google Street View App!

You can keep your panos in Google Drive, update on your PC, and then import in SV App and publish.

Level 7

Hi I think it's pretty easy to understand. How do you think is easier to upload a lot of pano already edited? In a app? Or through a software in your laptop?

Software that Google should give us.

Don't you think?

Or you think it's better, take shoot the pano, pass the pano to the laptop,  edit the pano, then pass the pano to your phone so you can upload them using Google Street view app?

I will waiting your answer 

Level 10

@viviendoen360 wrote:

Hi I think it's pretty easy to understand. How do you think is easier to upload a lot of pano already edited? In a app? Or through a software in your laptop?

Software that Google should give us.

Don't you think?

Or you think it's better, take shoot the pano, pass the pano to the laptop,  edit the pano, then pass the pano to your phone so you can upload them using Google Street view app?

I will waiting your answer 

Hi @viviendoen360 actually I'm using gothru to perform this activity.

Google provided SVT photographers with a tool, but this tool was retired in 2017, because of release of Google Street View API.

They decided to develop full API and give other developers the opportunity to create the best tools.

My workflow is more complex than what you wrote, i shoot with DSLR (up to 1200 shoots) then i edit with lightroom on mac, i stitch on mac with kolor autopano pro, the upload phase is the less relevant of the workflow 😉

Level 7

If you want to make this easy just gothru it is a site which is a gateway between Google and us and can easily uploads your panos to Google maps or street view and moderates also.  

Level 7

Gothru it's free? It let you upload walk through secuence? I am using cupix because it's free and is in beta. But I would like to do it with a Google free software. 

Level 7

I don't think the upload is less relevant, it is one more step to do your thing. And it's more difficult to do it when you have made a walk through virtual tour. Like I said in other post  I am using cupix to do that but I have to give a permission to cupix to do that  I would like that Google give us a free way to do it from our laptop, not from the app only. 

Level 7

I do exactly what you are writing  The only difference is that I use a theta S camera. I use all the programs that you are saying. Plus photoshop. 

Connect Moderator