AdelAlabd's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Free Drive Storage

Guys, I lost my 100 GB storage! I am an active contributor as you can see!

If it is not possible to get the free space back, I will leave this program!

I did jouned to help the people and the community around but google is not a small company to give us something like that!

It is thd biggest company on earth! If we are helping the company the company should reward us!

best regards!

Vancouver, BC, Canada
16 comments
Level 8

Re: Free Drive Storage

Almost everyday for the past year I am posting and updating the maps for the people and for me but google is gaining from that as well! So the biggest company in the world should give us this storage back! It is one of the company products!!

Level 10

@AdelAlabd as you were informed when you received the 100GB of storage, the perk was only for 1 year. Based on your comments, that year has now passed, and the space has reverted to the free level. 

If you still desire additional capacity, please consider purchasing additional storage - see https://www.google.com/drive/pricing/

M. W. Jones -- Former Map Maker Regional Lead, United States
Level 9

Hi AdelMu,

I'm100% okay with you.

As LG I really do not understand Google policies concerning storage space ?

Why the biggest companie in the world is unable to give its ants required and confortable storage space to stock tons of photos took ONLY to improve Google services ?

Why to wait Santa Claus ?

It's a life time job to be a local guide and help people.

Google should reconsidere its position about this matter to motivate contributors.

Nice day 😉

My MapsIWe're the World, We're the Local Guides!
Level 8

Exactly, they should motivate us! 

Have a good one 👌

Level 8

google photo.
it uses your Google disk, but offers to compress them and you will free this space. I freed 10GB in this way. I store photos elsewhere ..

Connect Moderator

Hi @AdelAlabd that perk was for a fixed time. You won't be getting it back.

Note that you can recover space used by images that you've posted to Maps by switching from Original to High Resolution and use the Recover Storage button in the Google Photos App (or photos.google.com)

Recover StorageRecover StorageStorage OptionsStorage Options

Regards Paul

Level 8

Why the place on the Google disk are taken into account the photos placed only on googlemags?
On google photos I want to store the photos that I need and in the quality in which I want.

Connect Moderator

Hi @RD1D have one account that you use for your own photos and a different one for Local Guides. Use the Original setting in the private one and the High setting in the Local Guides one. Solved.

Regards Paul

Level 8

Hi Paul, 

I know that well, I’ve been using google services for years! 

I’m complaining about that!

This is nothing for the company, this should be something for the active contributors!

It is one of the company products. This is absurd!

Regards