Briggs's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Adding geographical places that really exist, i, very often, receive not applied place creation

Does the doctor have a name?

@colinchaffers wrote:

@colinchaffers wrote:

Hey, you missed my point completely, what I was meaning is if the location is controlled by the business owner you might reasonably expect not to be able to edit their business, but if this is the case you might also expect a message along the lines of "please refer to the business owner", but for sure some categories have business rules applied, like (in Thailand) if I try to add anything medical related it is always reviewed. 

Doctor
Thanon Rat Damri - Soi Rat Damri 6, Tambon Na Muang, Amphoe Mueang Prachin Buri, Chang Wat Prachin Buri 25000
Not applied · Place creation

Level 10

Re: Forever Very Applied

@NFN wrote:

When will Google maps remove ghost listings?When will Google maps remove ghost listings?

Places that I have reported as spam loooong ago and new ones still exist in spirit..  

When will this be removed? Or are there thousands of Ghost shells?

In My experience these non existent locations have disappeared from edits that I have made over time. 

Level 8

Re: Adding geographical places that really exist, i, very often, receive not applied place creation

Not known

Level 8

Re: Forever Not Applied.

Is it an advertisement gesture or something else....???

Level 7

It's not my business -- Its a business in Switzerland I work with sometimes. The place that is using their trademarked name is a photo and film studio/party space.

Ok Imma just calls it out -- The company is Art Basel owned by Messe CH in Basel Switzerland who one a year the first week of December puts Miami dead smack in the middle of the Art World radar and HUGE business is done.... Like billions of dollars of business. 

So people like to latch on the name -- but it's fairly their copyright. You can't just call yourself Art Basel because it sounds good. You have to be ART BASEL. Lol

The company in Switzerland just successfully sued Adidas for trademark infringement. They don't - nor should the screw around with this stuff. Call Marl Speigler in Switzerland and he'll school you on it in full... He's a great guy though. lol But Soho Studios is constantly changing their name to imply they have anything to do with it -- and they do not.

Level 7
Level 7

someone let you add a website or stay in check? Can someone test with a web site? I do not approve of any and I do not know why or what steps to take, or if I have to attach any more data...

Former Google Contributor

Hi @colinchaffers,

It can be inferred that you created an ATM location that doesn't exist. Experiment or not, please understand that submitting fake, falsified, misleading, or inappropriate reviews, edits or removals is a violation of Local Guides Terms and Conditions. Thank you for your cooperation in providing only accurate information when you submit an edit to the map.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 8
Level 8

@BruceDM wrote:

Hi @colinchaffers,

It can be inferred that you created an ATM location that doesn't exist. Experiment or not, please understand that submitting fake, falsified, misleading, or inappropriate reviews, edits or removals is a violation of Local Guides Terms and Conditions. Thank you for your cooperation in providing only accurate information when you submit an edit to the map.

There mods go again posting generic answers...  go and preach that to the spammers out there where trying to tell Google about, but still nothing happens...

At least we local guides that care are fault finding and trying to fix the problems via experiments? Even if it means creating fake places to test the algorithms its called progress.

A spammer can change a name or create a place with only a single word and you come and post a generic script? 

Go out and fight the spammers not us. We are entitled to answers not generic created pre selected answers.

Level 4

"It can be inferred..."? WTF!

Didn't the poster say there *was* a photo?

Anyway, why are the mods ignoring the elephant in the room and not saying why so many legitimate edits are "NOT APPLIED"? And so many legitimate clean-up corrections "NOT APPLIED"?

Is it a case of security through obscurity? A.K.A. "If you knew more details about the algorithm, you could really mess this up for us if you wanted!"?

Level 8

I can't get fake businesses closed. Something is still wrong.