Briggs's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: Place Creation Not applied (Problem with accents maybe ?)

Hello @GéraldM,

Edit statuses in Maps often will display as pending and they can take some time. Please review this post here for more information and also please be advised that we are looking into a possible issue with delays in Google Maps updates.  I'm going to merge your post into an ongoing conversation where other users are experiencing the same issue.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 6

Re: Edits not published

Happy to have finally joined a club! Thanks Briggs!

Level 9

Re: Forever Not Applied.

SampsonF wrote:

You are not alone, @Briggs.  I feel it personally.  I am sure lots of us LGs do.

@YK1001 Totally agree with this statement.  

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 9

I've been trying one or two edits every day for the last week. All instantly "not applied" apart from marking a place as closed; that goes through OK. But I've tried moving map markers, updating phone numbers, adding websites, adding hours, etc - all sourced and correct - and none of it takes. It's a bit demoralising. None of my new places have been added, either, all rejected even though I have every piece of info needed. I'm trying not to let it bug me but it's annoying when I've always taken great care to make quality edits, write quality reviews, and add quality pictures. I've certainly never spammed to get my points up the way you see some people do; it would be great if a stellar record like that counted for something when editing or otherwise.

Hoping it's a glitch that they're working on and which will shortly be rectified. Then I will go through my long string of "not applied"s and try them all again 🙂
Though of course there are plenty of edits I haven't even bothered to submit because I know they'll be rejected... it's a shame.

Level 10

Dear diary,

I don't have a reason to go out today. Day 8.

I'm starting to feel a bit of hostility in regards to posting all these updates and rants. Some people can act as if this never exists, but I know this isn't an isolated issue. How is it that the following statements do not pose any sort of traction/importance in regards to the changes? Here are the community's responses to as such:

• "7-Eleven I have applied a hundred times but this store will not accept."
  • "The name is the same that I have applied a hundred times before so I know its correct."
  • "I have adapted several stores (approx. 200) of a chain. The changes were almost always the same. Before the Summit 2017 I have waited eternally for check, while the summut suddenly became almost all tested and approved. After the Summit I get a lot of refusals." (translated from German)

Something has changed, and I know it. It is not right to dismiss claims and continue the refusals.

Additional articles:

¿Con qué criterio se califica una contribución o cambio como no aplica?

Place creation not applied (moved to this post)

Bearbeitung nicht möglich.

The investigation in ongoing and I am putting my trust in the Google Moderators for an eventual fix.

For those who are not aware, please be familiar that there might be something happening and there is a possibility that something has down awry since the Local Guides Summit. Please, let's have some respect for each other better.

Regards.

Connect Moderator

@Briggs, I have moved the pastierre for you.  It might not be precisely postioned, I had to use what was available (their address plus the addressing on the map; accompanied by Street View showing me that clearly the housing has been removed and replaced by businesses).  This place is claimed, and thus you were probably fighting the high trust they would have when they positioned the place in their GMB dashboard.

I also fixed their name.

Edit: Wow, that area is great for easy edit (names full of descriptors).  I couldn't help myself and did about a dozen, I'll leave the rest for you.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 8

Re: Could not be verified

Vielen Dank für das Verlinken.

Viele Grüße Ulrich

Level 10

@Flash,

Although it's not exactly in it actual position (now on the opposite side of the road), it will have to do. You also changed the name, which I appreciate.

What I have to do to get through that extreme trust barrier though, I could only imagine. But thanks nonetheless. And I'll stop with the whole unhelpful suggesting of not making any edits. I'm not myself right now, so I'm becoming more and more aggressive as time goes on.

If you haven't already, there's a whole group of people who are wondering what's the point in continuing to contribute to Google Maps if they're no longer able to make simple changes, and perceive that they're no longer trustworthy. I just share their pain.

Edit: You should do the whole of Sydney. Sydney is shockingly full of incorrect descriptors, probably half of all my edits are name changes. I can see in my edit history that the ones I've tried to edit you have successfully done so. I really would do anything above and beyond to get to that trust level that you have, it would save countless stress of trying to do the best thing for Google Maps. But I know I must work for it and continue diligently as I always have done, and eventually it'll open itself up one day.

Just not now.

Connect Moderator

Silly me, I didn't notice the street is odd addresses on the north; plus the new building I saw in Street View is on the north side; I updated the position.

As I've said before, adjustments to the algorithms do happen, it's a necesary evil thanks to spammers.  Sometimes they'll be severe enough to affect everyone, sometimes it might just hit those with lower trust levels; but in almost every case it takes a week or two to settle after the change.  I haven't heard enough reports to say there has been any adjustment, but if you feel this has hit multiple people rather than just yourself then the best thing to do is wait and see what happens after the changes run for a bit.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 9

Re: Could not be verified

@UlrichBrandt No problem. Note this is an English language part of local guides connect.