Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Forever Not Applied.

Very funny!!!! Says Not Applied 😉 🙂

Level 6

I'm in the same situation - lets hope its actually resolved soon ! 

Level 3

設計design

一切完好  everything is fine

Level 9

👋Hi LG's Community👋

Many LG's often ask about problems they "usually" met when adding/modifing places.
It happens when you add completely verifiable informations on Maps and sometimes get "negative" feedbacks to your contributions as : Pending, Not Applied, Denied
Issue of denied edits is a problem of algorithms and Google is actively working on fixing this issue.
When a return to normal service ?
Google do not give any time details but seriously considere our feedbacks to constantly improve algorithms.
We just have to be patients 🐌🐌🐌🐌

🐰That's All Folks🐰

My MapsIWe're the World, We're the Local Guides!
Level 7
Level 7

Boy scout Your message's a little late. They've already told us that.
Level 10

Re: My ADD MISSING PLACE not applied

Hi @B168AJS

Please wait for some time ...It may take some time to get approved from Google.It might take 7-14 days also. Don't worry it will get approved.

Level 10

That might be the case on a "pending" but not a "not applied". 

Level 9

@Flash I dont like how you talk to us LGs. You are not better or worse than us. You were wrong with many assessments, that's fact. So for the future i hope it will be better, talking to you.

@GusMoreira Thanks for your posts, and hope you give us. It shows we are taken seriously with Google. Unfortunately we had not this feeling with many Officials here. I think now you have to tell us, what was wrong and how you solved the problem. Maybe you have some tricks for us to deal better with this algorithm. 

Connect Moderator

@wishmasterf, speaking facts is not inappropriate.  However, directly making such statements to me is inappropriate, I will ask you yet again to please keep your conversations civil.

I think it's important that you all do consider what has occurred.  I've been careful to give the community the facts and keep things I was unsure about to myself, and what I have stated as fact so far has in fact been proven out.  I thus think you should continue to consider it in your future edits.

• When you first noticed changes in your edits I let you know it would be an algorithm change, which was confirmed.
  • I stated at the time that algorithm changes normally are tuned over the weeks after a major change, which is now what is happening.
  • I also expressed that some people were likely being filtered simply because of the algorithm adjustment and not their own edits.  It's an unfortunate things that spammers and bad mappers will cause some people to be improperly filtered.  This affects everyone of all trust levels, we all get some denials on good edits that are due to the need to filter others.
  • Privately I felt that 100% filtering (or close to) of someone that you're not banning will not let them regain their trust level, but I did not express this publicly as I had no idea if Google would change this aspect.  I did, however, make sure that I expressed it directly to Google; that is part of the role of a moderator.  Hopefully this contributed to the coming adjustments.
  • I then provided coaching to people when they complained of edits not being approved that turned out to not meet the rules.  The current announcement does not change the fact that those various edits are incorrect and making them damages your trust.

Many of you are expressing that you expect all your edits to go through without any denials or even any extended review due to the latest statement from Google.  I think you need to carefully reread that statement; no such expectation has been set by Google.  @GusMoreira's statement was not that no one should be denied or filtered, but rather that the update caused the algorithm "to disproportionately deny mapping contributions from some of our most active contributors."  All this promises is that the proportion of denials will be adjusted.  If you were filtered when most people weren't, I'd suggest it's still important that you figure out if some of your editing didn't meet the rules.  Several people in these threads have admitted to bad edits, telling other mods and myself that they do not plan to change their editing to the meet the rules.  This is not acceptable editing behaviour and there is no reason not to expect those types of edits to cause future account issues.

Simply put, the coming adjustments by Google are necessary for those that want to map properly to be allowed to do so; but anyone thinking that shows whatever they want to edit is OK is mistaken, and anyone thinking the trust system doesn't exist is also mistaken.

I do hope that everyone that wants to contribute properly to the map can regain their trust and make a better map in the future.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages