Briggs's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Adding geographical places that really exist, i, very often, receive not applied place creation

I don't think this type of conspiracy theories will get us anywhere. Google has made its fortune not by nickel-and-diming the way some other businesses do, but by having a long-term view, and providing the best possible service to attract more business.

Don't be tempted to miscategorize mere bugs as some evil ploy.

Level 8

Re: Adding geographical places that really exist, i, very often, receive not applied place creation

Hey, you missed my point completely, what I was meaning is if the location is controlled by the business owner you might reasonably expect not to be able to edit their business, but if this is the case you might also expect a message along the lines of "please refer to the business owner", but for sure some categories have business rules applied, like (in Thailand) if I try to add anything medical related it is always reviewed. 

Level 8

@colinchaffers wrote:

Hey, you missed my point completely, what I was meaning is if the location is controlled by the business owner you might reasonably expect not to be able to edit their business, but if this is the case you might also expect a message along the lines of "please refer to the business owner", but for sure some categories have business rules applied, like (in Thailand) if I try to add anything medical related it is always reviewed. 

Doctor
Thanon Rat Damri - Soi Rat Damri 6, Tambon Na Muang, Amphoe Mueang Prachin Buri, Chang Wat Prachin Buri 25000
Not applied · Place creation
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Forever Very Applied

When will Google maps remove ghost listings?When will Google maps remove ghost listings?

Places that I have reported as spam loooong ago and new ones still exist in spirit..  

When will this be removed? Or are there thousands of Ghost shells?

Level 7

Re: Forever Not Applied.

Hey there.. so after speaking to you  a month ago about an egregious mistake, which  I had submitted edits of 6 times (it was someone  claiming  to be a business that they were in no way associated with —  in fact a company I’ve worked with for many years , that is based out of Switzerland.) however these people were basically name squatting on their name and getting business through shady I assume.

Long story short after six weeks finally got changed, and then lo and behold I looked yesterday,  and it was changed back to the fraudulent name that somebody else’s copyright!

So I don’t know who to talk to or who im apparently  fighting on this — I certainly don’t want to fight but it’s not fair of this place to rip off somebody else’s trademark and brand.

So considering this  and it been rejected about eight times even though it’s absolutely correct, it was applied once, for some reason wasn’t locked down in someway,  so they just changed back to what it was before it was corrected!

Reading through the above message and your solution, I’m still not sure how I go about fixing it so it’s an accurate listing —rather than being one that is trying to catfish its way into new business based on the name of doesn’t belong to them.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated 

Level 8

@colinchaffers wrote:

As an experiment I have created (approved instantly) a ATM location for a bank in Barcelona, Spain and I'm in Thailand, the last time I was in Barcelona was about 10 years ago.

This kind of experiment is too frequent lately. Many LGs are desperately trying to use another accounts from their family or friends to test some features. Unfortunately, all of them are using precious time in testing, instead of adding new places, photos or repairing mistakes. This is a real problem. 

Level 4

@Cosmo wrote:

@colinchaffers wrote:

As an experiment I have created (approved instantly) a ATM location for a bank in Barcelona, Spain and I'm in Thailand, the last time I was in Barcelona was about 10 years ago.

This kind of experiment is too frequent lately. Many LGs are desperately trying to use another accounts from their family or friends to test some features. Unfortunately, all of them are using precious time in testing, instead of adding new places, photos or repairing mistakes. This is a real problem. 

As long as there is a real ATM there -- something you can easily check with street view or some other public photo -- I don't think this is a problem at all. It's not spam and it contributes to figuring out how this editing process really works since precise information about what is and isn't "NOT APPLIED" is not available. I think this is a natural consequence of a smart human being doing what he does when he comes across something interesting that he doesn't fully understand. He explores and pokes at the thing.

Level 4

Re: Forever Not Applied.

@Taterftl wrote:

Hey there.. so after speaking to you  a month ago about an egregious mistake, which  I had submitted edits of 6 times (it was someone  claiming  to be a business that they were in no way associated with —  in fact a company I’ve worked with for many years , that is based out of Switzerland.) however these people were basically name squatting on their name and getting business through shady I assume.

Long story short after six weeks finally got changed, and then lo and behold I looked yesterday,  and it was changed back to the fraudulent name that somebody else’s copyright!

So I don’t know who to talk to or who im apparently  fighting on this — I certainly don’t want to fight but it’s not fair of this place to rip off somebody else’s trademark and brand.

So considering this  and it been rejected about eight times even though it’s absolutely correct, it was applied once, for some reason wasn’t locked down in someway,  so they just changed back to what it was before it was corrected!

Reading through the above message and your solution, I’m still not sure how I go about fixing it so it’s an accurate listing —rather than being one that is trying to catfish its way into new business based on the name of doesn’t belong to them.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated 

If this is someone else "squatting" on your legitimate business location (or name?) on Google Maps and you control de business that really should be there, you should add it via "Google My Business". It will verify that you are the legitimate owner and, from there, I think you would get some leverage in claiming that location.
I've never used it myself, so my apologies if this is not completely accurate.

Level 8

@NFN wrote:

When will Google maps remove ghost listings?When will Google maps remove ghost listings?

Places that I have reported as spam loooong ago and new ones still exist in spirit..  

When will this be removed? Or are there thousands of Ghost shells?

Don't give up, never, try again 

Level 8

@micdes wrote:

@Cosmo wrote:

@colinchaffers wrote:

As long as there is a real ATM there -- something you can easily check with street view or some other public photo -- I don't think this is a problem at all. It's not spam and it contributes to figuring out how this editing process really works since precise information about what is and isn't "NOT APPLIED" is not available. I think this is a natural consequence of a smart human being doing what he does when he comes across something interesting that he doesn't fully understand. He explores and pokes at the thing.

Yes, there is a real ATM with a real picture of it, from my point of view this experiment was trying to understand how the software works, to build up my (our) knowledge, by the way the picture taken of the ATM from my camera on my phone, so it was not geotagged Barcelona, but Thailand.