Briggs's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Green Grass and Applied Tides.

We don't know for sure but we think the algorithm takes into consideration how far you are from the location, best to try a couple. In saying that I have posted new locations from Thailand for Singapore and UK.

Level 8

Re: Green Grass and Applied Tides.

Has it really improved...??? I had stopped editing altogether but now, will try...hope that now, my edits will be accepted...😊😊😊

Level 10

Re: Forever Very Applied

I wonder what we should call our team. 😛

May I quote regarding the distances of edits:

@OStr wrote:

I don't think the location of the person editing is a parameter in calculating the trust level.

@colinchaffers wrote:

...we think the algorithm takes into consideration how far you are from the location, best to try a couple.

From my experience, Google Maps tends to accept or consider an edit if there is geographical evidence (via the GPS) that I have previously passed by that spot before. Anywhere that I haven't even slightly passed and they tend to be sent off for review. I know some users who have made edits all across Australia but have not personally been there themselves (especially with location descriptors) and they've usually had pretty good results.

As long as on your Google Timeline (hopefully it's enabled), if it shows you've passed through or nearby, I think it'll work. You just gotta remember that many countries have different protocols and editing mechanisms involved, I think it should be ok.

Although I'm curious and would like a clearer answer as to what has changed, what the problem was and how it was fixed, I think it's just going to remain secretive and elusive unless we were called into a private bunker and had to sign off our souls on a non-disclosure agreement.

Please try and make edits! The systems seem to be okay and fixed now, so if you may feel free to return to mapping and editing. For those who haven't usually passed by, frequents or kudoed any of these posts since Tuesday evening, I'm gonna tag ya!

@Zethab@talormanda@wishmasterf@AdamGT@Ozi@UlrichBrandt@KathrynH.

I'm glad my morale has pretty much shot back up, but given some laziness which has stifled me for the last few weeks as well as the summer heat, going back to high levels might take a while.

Level 8

Re: Forever Very Applied

From my experience, Google Maps tends to accept or consider an edit if there is geographical evidence (via the GPS) that I have previously passed by that spot before. Anywhere that I haven't even slightly passed and they tend to be sent off for review. I know some users who have made edits all across Australia but have not personally been there themselves (especially with location descriptors) and they've usually had pretty good results.

Correct @Briggs, but at the moment Google use simple gps information, and there is possibility for fake photos and reviews. IMHO I think that Google artificial intelligence is really great stuff, but human perception is irreplaceable.

Level 8

Re: Forever Ain't Applied

I'm pleased to find most are now applied. 

Thanks to @Briggs,  @OStr and @NFN for the continued banter and insight (and the Kudos) 

Level 8
Level 8

Screenshot_20171214-111555.png

Screenshot_20171213-193101.png

Google maps POI questions have become the new Google search engine😂😂

Level 6

Re: Forever Not Applied.

I have the same problem of adding missing place or creating new place in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. I add all information like house number, street number, map, mobile, picture, but still not applied. I really have no idea why.. 

Level 10

Ahh @NFN. Your responses are hectic and awesome. To tell you the truth, I actually highly doubt it that once these people receive a response on this questions, they never look back at it. Especially if they thought that it was a way to 'Google'. Dang, some people are really lost. All these new features and the common unsophisticated person can't keep up. Truth!

@Kemly, if you are having problems trying to add a place, you can post all the information you're trying to put together into a new post that a moderator might be able to see and help out.

Level 6

Hi my leader @Briggs, my score is 50/50....

😞

Level 10

My pleasure, @GaryFunk. I think we all work quite well as a team here.