Briggs's post
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Level 6

Re: Forever Not Applied.

Just tried to edit wrong name, address and marker location. Instant NOT APPLIED.

Level 8
Level 8

Re: Forever Ain't Applied

@Briggs, if you're reading this in the bathtub, put the razor blade away, and get back to work!

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Level 8
Level 8

So nice that a mod would come along to try and justify the "fix" with a fancy generic post again.

Wonder when they will "inform" us and take credit?

Like @Briggs said. Lets wait and see

Level 10

@NFN, where is that post?  I want to enjoy it too.

Former Google Contributor

Hello all - please check out this post from Gus in which he shares an update on the algorithm issue at the heart of this thread.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 10

Re: Green Grass and Applied Tides.

Comrades and friends,

We have all made a gigantic amount of progress over these last 64 days. Through our combined struggle with the review process as inflicted by The Great Algorithm Shift, we laughed, we argued, and we fell to despair (more like I did). There may have been many of us who have conceded and gave up during the civil war, but it is fruitful to know that we have finally made it through. Through our camaraderie and support for one another, all around the world we've made mates and friends that each other can count on.

I didn't actually go on that field trip today back to the battlegrounds since it was blazing hot (37ΒΊC), but instead embarked on a more personal journey to look back at everything. What I had accomplished with my mom's account a few weeks ago I can finally take credit for with my own prowess and identity, roughly an extra 300 edits from the not applied database have been wiped off. No longer will I have to arguably post or aggressively seek answers for such common travesties. I'm hoping that one day this will all be in the past and that we will hopefully have to never deal with another war against the algorithms once again. Maybe it might be a war of the machines instead, but now that we have a standard and a drawline to refer back to, we can hope and place our trust that they would be dealt in a quicker and appropriate manner in the future.

The world moves fast. But local guides move faster. It's up to us local guides to keep our communities moving reliably and never leaving anything behind. Thanks for standing together. We stand ready to help in any ways we can.

Good luck and Godspeed,

BZ

Level 8
Level 8

@BruceDM wrote:

Hello all - please check out this post from Gus in which he shares an update on the algorithm issue at the heart of this thread.

We dont wany to know about the past. We want to know whst the solution was. How was it fixed? What caused it? How wont this happen again.

One on one. Real info.

Level 8

We licked Mr Al Gorythme, onwards and upwards

Level 8
Level 8

@Briggs wrote:

Comrades and friends,

We have all made a gigantic amount of progress over these last 64 days. Through our combined struggle with the review process as inflicted by The Great Algorithm Shift, we laughed, we argued, and we fell to despair (more like I did). There may have been many of us who have conceded and gave up during the civil war, but it is fruitful to know that we have finally made it through. Through our camaraderie and support for one another, all around the world we've made mates and friends that each other can count on.

I didn't actually go on that field trip today back to the battlegrounds since it was blazing hot (37ΒΊC), but instead embarked on a more personal journey to look back at everything. What I had accomplished with my mom's account a few weeks ago I can finally take credit for with my own prowess and identity, roughly an extra 300 edits from the not applied database have been wiped off. No longer will I have to arguably post or aggressively seek answers for such common travesties. I'm hoping that one day this will all be in the past and that we will hopefully have to never deal with another war against the algorithms once again. Maybe it might be a war of the machines instead, but now that we have a standard and a drawline to refer back to, we can hope and place our trust that they would be dealt in a quicker and appropriate manner in the future.

The world moves fast. But local guides move faster. It's up to us local guides to keep our communities moving reliably and never leaving anything behind. Thanks for standing together. We stand ready to help in any ways we can.

Good luck and Godspeed,

BZ

Brothers in arms....or...pens....or edits....you get the idea.

@Briggs  our new admin leaderπŸ˜ƒ

Level 7
Level 7

I still have some doubts, in my travels to other countries while the algorithm was not working I have been saving everything.

My question is... now that I'm not in those countries can I make suggestions? Is the gps registered? as I see many of my suggestions under review and they are not fully implemented.

Can anyone tell us what things have changed in the algorithm? or what can we do to make it easier for everyone to apply our suggestions?