Briggs's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Forever Ain't Applied

Well now I have proof the algorithm is a fruit cake!

Its been approved  with only 20% infoIts been approved with only 20% info

My other attemp had full info and was denied

Level 10

Hallelujah!  It's alive!

That's right, it looks like the map is editable again. I don't know whether this is the new algorithm, or maybe someone so my post yesterday and reverted to the pre-October 10 version, but all those instant-NOT-APPLIED edits are now applied instantly, except for one which shows as PENDING.

@Briggs, if you're reading this in the bathtub, put the razor blade away, and get back to work!

Level 9

Great news, I confirm that today seems to work

Level 8

Thanks very much Carlos - I have posted two alterations that have been previously rejected and one accepted straight away and the other marked as pending . Fingers crossed but hopefully we are on the way to a permanent fix! 😀😀

Level 10

Today's tally so far: out of 10 edits, all marker moves or address change plus marker move combined, 9 were instantly APPROVED, and 1 is still PENDING. These are all changes that were instantly NOT APPROVED in mid-October.

Level 10

Re: Green Grass and Applied Tides?

@OStr, how did you know I was Anna Baker?

Anywho, thanks for the tag. I'm well out of the bathroom now, and for the last hour and a half I have made the following edits to test your claim that the algorithms have reverted or shifted back to normal.

Caption: 128 edits performed between December 12, 11:01pm AET and December 13, 12:20am AET.Caption: 128 edits performed between December 12, 11:01pm AET and December 13, 12:20am AET.During an 80 minute timeframe, I suggested 128 edits (name, category, map marker, website) to various places all across Sydney (except one) in accordance with my Not Applied Database. For basis purposes, each one was tested as the individual, sole edit to assist the AI in not chucking a fit.

Here are the results. For this period, out of 128 different edits:

• 103 edits were APPROVED.
  • 23 edits reached a PENDING status, and...
  • 2 edits were immediately NOT APPLIED.

This results leads to a grand spanking approval/review rate of 80.4%! Because of all the various edits, it's inevitable that many of them would reach pending rather than being approved, but because I haven't included many map markers (which pretty much consist the bulk of my edits, namely about 60% of edits) that would probably rise up to roughly about 91%.

The only reasons why the particular two edits were immediately not applied I can deduce are as follows:

• St. Paul The Hermet Church is spelt wrong, Hermet is Hermit. Although I probably shouldn't be suggesting edits to places 15,733km away in Canada.
  • TALKING TABLES is surrounded by six other Indian restaurants, and so due to the competition there must have been a period where the listing was constantly defaced, and so prompted Google to protect the listing from any edits whatsoever.

Yesterday must have been an incredibly fortunate day, but right now I am not fully convinced yet. I was planning tomorrow on just binging on corn chips, ice cream and South Park at home, but I will instead embark on a field trip. Maprang Thai is still missing in action, but I won't be going there this time. When I wake up tomorrow morning, I won't open up Local Guides Connect, and will just go straight to work (mapping, that is). I will instead choose to open it once the field trip is finished and I am rested back home.

For now I must rest. The Sydney Conquest may be starting again. I will be optimistic that we will finally throw all of this behind and move on forward. The world won't stop for anyone.

EDIT: A sentence. Also increased optimism.

Level 10

It's great to see your usual, energetic self, @Briggs!

Level 10

P.S.: I got the same instant "NOT APPLIED" for St. Paul The Hermet/Hermit Church, even though I'm only 500 km away. I don't think the location of the person editing is a parameter in calculating the trust level.

Level 10

Yeah up and running again!

Now I'm re motivated.

Level 7

Re: Forever Not Applied.

Just tried my twice "not applied" place name edit and it was approved!