cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Edit Not Applied - Maps Algorithm Gone Crazy

@ColinUKtyke wrote:

A good thought NVD but the question is which new year are we talking about .... 2018 or 2019 or 2020 ....or. ...? Fingers crossed that it can be sorted out soon before we all give up!

Good one 😂😂😂😂

Wishfull thinking?

😂😂😂

Level 8

Christmas in two weeks

Two weeks till Christmas and I'm wondering if we will see a fix to allow us to add and edit locations.

Or will there be coal in our inbox? 

Connect Moderator

Google should provide some extra bandwidth when they get this fixed: there might be an explosion of LG activity at that time 😉

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 8

Well,  me Funk. 

Level 10

Re: Forever Ain't Applied

Probably not. This new algorithm might probably be a lot more damaging rather than useful. And with Google providing extra bandwidth, I doubt it.

After the 'Reporting Spam on Google Maps', and then seeing 'Making Great Edits' come up is thoroughly disappointing, and a blow to the local guide spirit. I know right? I don't appreciate it as much as most people do, simply because that's not the problem we face.

For as all we know, we're just magpies.

Level 10

I think the next post to be published will be called How great edits are not applied on Google Maps. I will love to see that, snowflakes everywhere. I don't believe every edit is a snowflake, as much as I don't want to think that those people manually reviewing edits are elves.

I'm updating my not applied database as I type with all my edits and it's killing me.

Level 10

Sorry for the multiple posts though. I'm on a roll.

An example of an email you could receive if your edits were not applied. It's clearly evident why these weren't implemented.An example of an email you could receive if your edits were not applied. It's clearly evident why these weren't implemented.

Not sure if you guys have seen this, but I reckon there should be an email (such as the above) that advises you that your edit was not applied to add even more salt in your eye and wound.

And maybe instead of Keep exploring, it should probably have something a little more sinister like Game over or something.

Level 8
Level 8

@Briggs wrote:

Sorry for the multiple posts though. I'm on a roll.

An example of an email you could receive if your edits were not applied. It's clearly evident why these weren't implemented.An example of an email you could receive if your edits were not applied. It's clearly evident why these weren't implemented.

Not sure if you guys have seen this, but I reckon there should be an email (such as the above) that advises you that your edit was not applied to add even more salt in your eye and wound.

And maybe instead of Keep exploring, it should probably have something a little more sinister like Game over or something.

Game over😂😂😂 good one.

Please insert coin.

Havent seen a email from maps like that one before....maybe myne is in the post?  Google postcard or something😂

Connect Moderator

Every now and then I try changing a location again, just to see if those changes are still rejected within seconds. 

I did just that a minute ago, and the response was indeed within seconds, but... "Approved"! I then resubmitted 2 changes from the previous days... also approved! 

Looks like something finally is moving in the right direction.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 8

Wu-hoo.   I just got one approved that was denied a dozen times.