Briggs's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Forever Not Applied.

@CharliesTheMan, I'm sure the Check facts feature works as designed. But as you acknowledge, it can be enhanced to offer both functions: your scavenger hunt by distance, and my watchlist for places you know and want to protect from spam.

I think we may be onto something here.

Level 8
Level 8

Even connect doesn't applyEven connect doesn't apply

Level 10

@NFN,

I think when that happens, the system might incorrectly flag your post/content as spam. It's happened to me quite a while ago, you can see what's happening with your posts through the link. For them to be realised, tag a moderator as well. @iyudhi and @JeslynL helped release my posts before back in June.

Level 8

Edit Not Applied - Maps Algorithm Gone Crazy

Hi, I'm a Level 7 legit cartography enthusiast who's had pretty much all edits rejected in the last few months. One prime example is a location in the middle of a bay in Mumbai titled "Way To..." and the address was one from Goa. (that's like a Boston address for a New York pin that's fake to begin with) Maps seriously need to fix the algorithm - this is very disheartening for genuine contributors. High time there's a trust system that separates the different levels. Eg a Level 7+ can gets their simple edits approved right away, provided they have a 90%+ accuracy while the lower levels need a secondary approval from a higher lever contributor. A beginner needs multiple Level 6 or below approvals to get it approved. Please fix this Google, I'm not emotional if ab edit gets rejected.
Level 10

Re: Edit Not Applied - Maps Algorithm Gone Crazy

Hello @capricorn,

I must admit, the maps algorithm has gone crazy for quite a handful of users. You might be part of our 'forever not applied' club; you can see a post from the Google moderators here. Be rest assured that there is considerable effort being made to help tweak and re-adjust the algorithms so that our contributions may be considered, rather than being outright rejected.

I'm Level 10, so levels do not exactly influence whether an edit would be accepted or not.

Level 7
Level 7

New year, new algorithm?

Level 8

A good thought NVD but the question is which new year are we talking about .... 2018 or 2019 or 2020 ....or. ...? Fingers crossed that it can be sorted out soon before we all give up!

Level 10

@Briggs wrote:

I'm Level 10, so levels do not exactly influence whether an edit would be accepted or not.

They do, but not the way you'd expect them to. Your experiments with your mother's account suggest that a Level 1 or 2 is far more likely to get their edits approved than a Level 9 or 10.

Level 10

My question is this: is the new algorithm better than the one used prior to October 10?  Because if not, and assuming Google uses a revision control system (which I'm sure they do), it should take a few minutes to revert back to the pre-October 10 version, while they keep working on improving the newer version. There really is no need to effectively block most edits while they are debugging.

Level 8
Level 8

Just added a park and it was approved instantly.

Tried to add my previous denied one and was denied again.

Still not fixed.

FIY photos still being uploaded multiple times in wrong listings. 

Lets say I add 1x drone pic to 3x listings.....all 3 pics will appear on first one. Now I normally post 3 to 4.....see my problem....Screenshot_20171210-225309.png