Briggs's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Forever Not Applied.

Now get this.... the 2x times I tried to add a new shop inside a shopping centre with couple photos and all 

It was denied instantly (like the norm)  

Bit get this now Google maps decided to add all the pics to the shopping center instead!  Now theres like 3x duplicates of 6 photos! WTF! 

Now i must go backtrack and remove the duplicates because GM makes me look like a spammer😠😠😠😠

Level 8

@NFN wrote:

Now get this.... the 2x times I tried to add a new shop inside a shopping centre with couple photos and all 

It was denied instantly (like the norm)  

Bit get this now Google maps decided to add all the pics to the shopping center instead!  Now theres like 3x duplicates of 6 photos! WTF! 

Now i must go backtrack and remove the duplicates because GM makes me look like a spammer😠😠😠😠

I experienced the same issue when I added a new place.  Photos added to the old place that is clearly marked "closed."

Level 8

Yesterday, after a long, long  time pause, I tried to contribute to Maps and report some wrong located photos on one POI. There were more than ten completely wrong photos and spheres. First two went like a charm, although I really do not understand why I have to write my email each time I want to make Google Maps better and report some wrong photo. Then next went with captcha, then I had to find traffic signs, after 5 reports I had to find traffic lights and two sets of traffic signs for each report so I give up. Conclusion - nothing is changed in the meantime. There is no use to report anything at Google.

Level 10

It's best to report the irrelevant images on a mobile device, as they don't require an input of email or to solve these impossible captchas these days. I might compile a video signifying the differences in reporting of each of the devices, many are vastly different, as well as the wording. Desktop is the main offender.

Level 10

@Briggs, I don't think this is about pedantry.

Right now, when GMaps sends me questions to answer, e.g., "Is this place casual?", they're all about places I reviewed. However, when I go to the "Check the facts" section, it sorts by distance from me, regardless of whether I ever reviewed, photographed or edited those places.Most of those are places I never heard of. How should I know what are the business hours of a local nail salon whose only web presence is an empty Facebook page?

It should be pretty easy to add filters in the fact-checking settings to only see places you've (1) reviewed, (2) uploaded a photograph, (3) edited before, or (4) marked as "Favorites". It also shouldn't be hard to add push notifications when that list is updated, as a result of someone trying to edit one of your followed places.

Level 8
Level 8

Gets this, found another spam listing with no info....got me thinking, lets me try and add my 3x strikes denied listing with no info, only name and type and its a miracle! Got a pending No info, is approved ?No info, is approved ?

Tried it, and pending?Tried it, and pending?

Connect Moderator

You might be on to something here. I tried adding a place again for which I got a 'not applied' yesterday, and... it was added within seconds! The difference: yesterday I tried adding the place with additional info (website and phone), today I just added, clicked on the map to indicate location and added category.

Ironically, as the address was still not 100% correct (house number 247a, not 247 as GM suggested), my attempt to correct was... not applied.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Connect Moderator

The exact issues as you have described @JanVanHaver happen to me quite a lot. 

Leaderboards:  * Points   * Photos   * Videos   * Countries   * Movers & Shakers
  Star Leaderboards:    * Photos    * Videos   * 360 Spheres
  Star Albums:   * Photos   * Videos   * 360 Spheres   * Stars Discussions
  Join in:      * How to Register    * Register   * Login   * Extensions
Connect Moderator

@AdamGT Unfortunately not a method with guaranteed success. When trying to pull the same trick on another place, it did not work.

Apparently AI is not only set to take ours jobs, but also spoil our hobbies 😉

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Former Google Contributor

[UPDATE #2] 

Hi everyone,

I wanted to provide a updated that we continue to work on a release of a new algorithm. We are doing our final testing and making sure everything is working and before it get released so you should be able to see some improvement in the next few days.

I also understand how frustrating the experience has been in the past weeks and greatly appreciate all the patience and the feedback you all have been providing to us so far.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.