Briggs's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Forever Not Applied.

Hi @Cosmo,

Can you elaborate how do you arrive to your conclusion?

Level 9

@LaurensH, welcome to the club!

@Cosmo, please, read it slowly again

Level 10

Fellow local guides and moderation team, please can we end the points scoring on here and get back to working out how we can get back to scoring points on Maps? 

Conflict and nitpicking semantics isn't helping the community. 

Googler

Hi @arbind. Please see the responses provided to you by both @Briggs and @Flash. Connect is indeed for individuals and the best way for you to reach a solution is to claim and manage your listing through Google My Business. You can receive further help with any concerns around your listing in the Google My Business community as the Local Guides program and this community is for individuals.

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 10

@Cosmo wrote:

@TraciC wrote:

@Briggs I see that you have now edited your post but I will remind you to adhere to the Local Guides program rules and our community policy. You may be frustrated with your experience with the product or program but our team is updating this thread when possible with all relevant updates and information. and there is no reason to speak to fellow Local Guides unkindly. 

All: We aim for Connect to be a warm and welcoming place for all members of our global community, regardless of language or culture, and foul language is unacceptable. Please remember this as you interact with one another as we are all Local Guides who want to help one another, both in Google Maps, here in Connect and beyond. Feedback is always welcome — and encouraged — and is best received on all ends when it is shared in a constructive and kind way. Thank you.

This above article from GA might be sign that Logal Guides Community is loosing members and contributions more intensive than we LGs suppose.

I don't think so, but I think that as the community grows (we are approaching 500K users on connect and, I suppose, 60 million of Local Guides worldwide) rules must be more restrictive. So many are starting to see the map update process more difficult. But I hope that the team will work to let more active users be more effective.

Obviously the rate between top users number and worldwide lg will go down.

Level 10

The five stages of problem solving on LGC:

1. Denial: "There's no problem, you're simply doing something wrong. I have no problem making edits, so this must be just you."
  2. Anger: "I remind you to stay civil!  Just because we get more people seeing this issue every day doesn't mean the algorithm isn't working as it should."
  3. Bargaining: "OK, tell me what edits you were trying to make, and I'll enter them myself for you. See?  Problem solved."
  4. Consolidation: That's the stage where every thread on LGC that mentions the issue is merged into one huge thread, to give the impression that this is a local, isolated issue only affecting a handful of users.
  5. Acceptance: "Yes, another administrator--who actually knows something--admitted there is a problem and they're working to fix it. But when I said there's no problem, I was talking about that one specific edit. Besides, it was me who reported the problem to Google while I was here telling you that there's no problem. So despite not even understanding or admitting it exists, I was the one responsible for solving it. Also, I remind those of you who question me to stay civil and watch your tone, or I'll move your posts to where the sun don't shine."
Level 6

Re: My ADD MISSING PLACE not applied

Looks like "Local Guides" program is in a mess. Google get all Volunteers work hard for "FREE" . But some of the Algorithm Google use has problems.. Google LG Administrators , some time make mistakes , and talk uncivil.  may be due to amount of work load , they have to do "FREE" . Still in general , Google maps are still free. But for How Long ???

@wishmasterf wrote:

@Flash I dont like how you talk to us LGs. You are not better or worse than us. You were wrong with many assessments, that's fact. So for the future i hope it will be better, talking to you.

@GusMoreira Thanks for your posts, and hope you give us. It shows we are taken seriously with Google. Unfortunately we had not this feeling with many Officials here. I think now you have to tell us, what was wrong and how you solved the problem. Maybe you have some tricks for us to deal better with this algorithm. 

Level 6

Im going through the same problem or similar.. I was level 7 LG yesterday with over  5200 Points. Today Im level 6 at 4528 Points. This , is after posting so many photos , videos ,reviews ,spending so many hours  FREE. Google administrators abuse "VOLUNTEERISM" 

@OStr wrote:

The five stages of problem solving on LGC:

1. Denial: "There's no problem, you're simply doing something wrong. I have no problem making edits, so this must be just you."
  2. Anger: "I remind you to stay civil!  Just because we get more people seeing this issue every day doesn't mean the algorithm isn't working as it should."
  3. Bargaining: "OK, tell me what edits you were trying to make, and I'll enter them myself for you. See?  Problem solved."
  4. Consolidation: That's the stage where every thread on LGC that mentions the issue is merged into one huge thread, to give the impression that this is a local, isolated issue only affecting a handful of users.
  5. Acceptance: "Yes, another administrator--who actually knows something--admitted there is a problem and they're working to fix it. But when I said there's no problem, I was talking about that one specific edit. Besides, it was me who reported the problem to Google while I was here telling you that there's no problem. So despite not even understanding or admitting it exists, I was the one responsible for solving it. Also, I remind those of you who question me to stay civil and watch your tone, or I'll move your posts to where the sun don't shine."

Level 7

NOT APPLIED · Place creation

NOT APPLIED · Place creation

Why can't I add a new restaurant to google maps?

Tried many times and get rejected every time. Always get a not applied. Stupid google bot doesn't know anything. 

There is a new restaurant in Vancouver Canada called Honey Salt. 

They have their own website at www.honeysalt.ca 

39 Smithe St
Vancouver, BC V6B 1C1

Phone: 778 370 8200

Weekday Hours:
Breakfast: 6:30AM – 11:30AM
Lunch: 11:30AM – 2:30PM
Lounge: 2:30PM – 5:00PM Sunset menu
Dinner: 5:00PM – 10:00PM

Weekend Hours:
Condensed Breakfast: 6:30AM – 10:30AM
Brunch: 10:30AM – 3:00PM
Lounge: 3:00PM – 5:00PM Sunset menu
Dinner: 5:00PM – close

Explain now why I can not add this business?

It looks like a legitimate business. It has a website, address, phone number and hours. 

Level 4

I haven't experienced some of the frustration vented here, but from where I'm standing it seems that:

1) There are a lot of people here prepared to work for free, as long as their work is not simply thrown away or rejected.

2) Google insists that their algorithms and A.I. will have the last word. Even though these algorithms are probably flawless in 99% of cases, they do seem to fail miserably in a handful of cases.

Google Maps is made for people, so why doesn't GM rely more on people to flag incorrect content, just like they do with Youtube (for inappropriate content etc.) and on the hordes of free volunteers to review this flagged content (a bit like Amazon had with its mechanical Turk, but here Google just pays with its limitless Guru points)?

It shouldn't be too difficult to implement a system to determine which reviewers (and reviews) to trust and which not to trust. I mean, it's not like there isn't in-house expertise with this, right? With Gmail, initially, you had to be recommended by someone to get an account and if someone turned out to be a spammer, it was easy to delete/block all the accounts which were derived from the spammer's?

Is this just naive of me? I don't mean to sound smug.

Just my 2 cents.