Briggs's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Forever Not Applied.

Sure, you're Level 6, you still have some credibility left. Once you reach Level 9 or 10, forget about getting many edits through.

Level 7

Nope, came back as not verifiable.  I guess I don't have to wait for Level 9 or 10....

Level 8

Re: My ADD MISSING PLACE not applied

Your reply is also somewhat insulting to LGs. How can you say that if your edits have been not applied they are wrong...?

Why don't you prove it...? Just by binding behind non understandable silly technical terms, you can't deny the fact that the whole syestem of accepting or denying an Edit is fully defective at Google Maps. Instead of correcting your own system, you people are posting counter allegations on LGs...it is not a correct thing to do...!!!

Please correct your system....If you give me your Parameters for accepting the Edits, I can prove that all the Edits posted by me are 100% genuine and correct. But you are depending on a silly software which can always go wrong....

Level 10

Good morrow all.

For the first time in about a month, I decided to go out and dedicate a day of exploring a new part of Sydney. Given the current issues with the algorithm steadily arising a fix, perhaps maybe the algorithms have eased off a little bit? So off to North Sydney I went, but eventually I stopped midway because I was just getting increasingly discouraged once again.

Caption: Edits on November 24th 2017. Red is not applied, green is... it's processing.Caption: Edits on November 24th 2017. Red is not applied, green is... it's processing.

With this in mind, out of these 40 edits I had 23 out of 40 successful edits, giving a success rate of 57%. Beating the general average of only 20% previously, there is a considerable improvement, but not enough yet. I guess making the most simplest edits is somewhat doing a little bit of work, but for the rejections in particular, some are particularly stupid:

• Grace of India Restaurant 🍛: Removal of emoticon from name. Are emoticons even permitted?
  • Beulah St Wharf fishing spots: Should just be Beulah St Wharf. It already has the category of "Fishing area"
  • Yoros Seafood: Has no category, it should be a Fish and Chips Shop. There is zero reason to reject this edit.
  • Child Care Jordan Springs - Little Zak's Academy: Although this one wasn't not applied immediately, I am incredibly dumbfounded as to how Google's review process think this is an absolutely appropriate name. It should just be Little Zak's Academy.
  • At the coffee shop: For capitalisation purposes should be At The Coffee Shop, as it's shown in images.
  • All the map markers are actually quite off, many of them are in a completely different building down the road or on the other side of the campus.

What should I do? Do I wait for an announcement when we're advised that the algorithms have been fixed so I can suggest these again? Or maybe I can request help from an experienced Australian mapper? Do you want to help @Flash?

We're almost there.

Level 10

P.S.

I noticed something particularly strange yesterday. While I suggested many of the successful edits, many of them remained pending for about a few minutes, and then were made live afterwards. I usually receive a notification when an edit goes live but it was quite late yesterday. For anything that was immediately not applied, they just came by super quick.

There's so much militarisation here!

Level 8

To my understanding, the original question in this topic is:

Almost every edit by the same LG got "Not Applied" immediately after edit is submited.  And this issue applies disproportionately to Active LGs.

As should keep our discussion on topic.  Thus unless majority of your edits still got "Not Applied", then posting here is off topic.

As always, our edits will got "Not Applied" no matter how accurate and valid they are.  When that happens, I consider those cases will worth of their own thread in Mapping  board.

When there are obvious issues in the Approval Algorithm - like Fixing Upper/Lower Cases in POI Names got rejected,  or when there are new trends that warrant everybody's attention, then it will be worthy to have its own thread in the Feedback board.

Please help to make Connect a warm and welcoming place to everyone.

Level 10

Oh okay, sure then @YK1001.

If that's the case, then why hasn't anyone looked at my 'Help With an Edit' thread? Or my database? Unless I put it in the wrong board once again, please move it and have it seen to.

As it still stands, there is still an abnormally high amount of rejections that I'm facing with each of my adventures. I'm just reporting things and feedback of things that are not applied... as I have been for the past seven weeks. Unless that aforementioned thread is dealt with, my thread, my rules.

There are no new trends at the moment, it's still a matter of the majority of edits being not applied.

Level 10

@YK1001 wrote:

Please help to make Connect a warm and welcoming place to everyone.

Thanks @YK1001, you are really a kind Connect Moderator, every day you transform in reality this statement. 🙂

Level 7
Level 7

I ask myself the same question, when everything returns to normal, will someone notify us by means of a message, either in this forum or this thread or in some other way?

I think not, so the best thing we can do will be (once a week) to suggest for example 3 changes and see what happens, if the day comes that the 3 changes are published, then say it in this thread and that the other LGs do the same to see if it is a punctual fact or is already fixed.

Level 10

@GusMoreira wrote:

You should see a return to normal service when the fix is rolled out in the coming weeksWe will keep you updated on this thread and thank you for your patience.

Soon enough @NVD. They'll have their own testing parameters I'm sure enough.