Briggs's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Forever Not Applied.

I am well aware of Gus' post.  In fact I am the one who, in my role as advocate for the community, stated in meetings with Google that they did need to adjust things as no one will regain trust if 100% of their edits are blocked.

Gus' post does not apply to the situation, however.  A single edit not going through has always been an occurrence and will continue to be an occurrence.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 8

Yes.

You are right.

We have to wait till the basic flaw in Google Map Algorithm is rectified. An Edit can always be rejected and would continue to be rejected.

BUT GM also must ensure that only wrong edits are rejected.

When my own Home address couldn't be rectified or edited despite my numerous attemps, what is the use of being a LG..!!!

If you search in GM, you will find that 3 different areas of South Dum Dum has been entered as my home address. I have tried many many many times to correct it but to no avail.

I live in Samannya Enclave, 38/1, Jessore Road, Nager Bazar, B L Dutta Bagan, Kolkata 700028.

But there are 4/5 different entries in GM with different areas tagged to it and map marker is also wrong in one.

How to correct & rectify it...???

I don't understand as to why Shyamnagar or Amrapali or Satgachhi areas are tagged with my home address which is not the case and why GM can't rectify the defect...???

Level 10

Alright. I guess I understand that correction.

Let's just try and be helpful from this point on.

We can't keep on barking from opposite sides when we both want what's best for the community and for Google Maps. Considering that I'm doing the majority of such barking.

There's a lot of things that I still can't explain to people properly when I try to help, so I'm still learning.

I'm a little stumped with the 'location marker' of a university or institution, I believe it should be the core centre of buildings and the general land. However the user believes that it should be pinned in the main gathering area/plaza where the transportation links are.

Level 8

Doing this stuff in Okinawa, Japan I'm having the same problems so, it's not just a Sydney thing.

Level 8

A photographer by trade, I'm usually too busy to visit this Connect Thingy. Your posts, persistence, and patience on this thread are encouraging me, to visit more often!

Level 8

First of all, please note that we aren't 'barking'...dogs bark and we aren't dogs but knowledge bearing human being.

Secondly, your example or instance is different from mine. My Residence building named "Samannya Enclave" is a stand alone building covering on 5000 sq. Ft. area and the map marker is hundreds of meters away....why won't I complain...??? People coming to my home or Cab/Taxi drivers bringing people to my home get confused by multiple bogus entries in GM...!!! Why I can't complain...? Explain it to me please....!!!

Level 10

@ratanrateria wrote:

First of all, please note that we aren't 'barking'...dogs bark and we aren't dogs but knowledge bearing human being.

According to definition 2(a) of the Oxford English Dictionary, the verb bark also means, "To speak or cry out in a tone or temper that suggests the bark of a dog."

Level 8

I think I have figured it out why a lot of changes are not approved or not applied.

The implementation of the new badges system is coincidental to to all our troubles.

They are simply making it difficult for us to reach a higher level too fast.

Level 10

@PierJes wrote:

I think I have figured it out why a lot of changes are not approved or not applied.

The implementation of the new badges system is coincidental to to all our troubles.

They are simply making it difficult for us to reach a higher level too fast.

Naaaa.. this is SF. 🙂

It's as any time a new search algorithm is released; a mess, people screaming around, websites that close....

Level 10

As an aside to the "fix" surely "pending review" is a much better way of handling these situations than "not applied" going forward? 

Anything the algorithm doesn't trust should be put to us local guide humans to check rather than being denied. It sometimes takes a bit of effort to add new places with full information. To lose all this to a "computer says no" moment can be disheartening as we all know. 

Trust those you give "trusted" badges to please 🙂