Briggs's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

New location creation not applied

Business cardBusiness cardI created a new location at 1500 Monument Boulevard # A-1, Concord, CA 94520 called El Gran Taco #2 Taqueria (in category Mexican Restaurant) and it was not applied. I tried it again, and it was again  denied. A couple of things:

1. From my mobile device I was able to add # A-1 to the address
  2. From my PC I was not able to add # A-1 to the address - I got a dropdown and the only choice was 1500 Monument, with no suite numbers

This is frustrating  because the center has six buildings (A-F), and each building has five or more stores or restaurants. It is crucial to include the suite number.

Along with the creation, I submitted photos of the interior, the menu, their business card, and the exterior - which clearly showed the name - and the business card clearly showed the name, phone number, and address, including the suite # (A-1). One caveat is my PC did not allow me to add photos during the location creation.

This is a hot mess and a waste of my time. I read the note saying that all creations are reviewed and we should not take it personally, but I do. The reason I take it personally is all my submissions are solid, and lately most of my suggestion are not applied. It feels like Google Local Guides got a new manager of the reviewers, and the new manager has some bizarre strict policy of turning down my edits for scurrilous reasons. It really makes me bristle, and it makes me want to stop participating. Even some of my photos are not approved. What the hay? Sometimes I upload 5 pictures, and none of them post. Sigh.

Get your act together, or I will have to stop wasting my time. In conclusion, my submissions are 98.2% solid, but Google is only approving 20% of them now, if that, whereas, my applied rate used to be 98.2% and they were approved within 5 seconds. Rad. But, Rad no more.

As an aside, sometimes when I upload photos, there is no option to add captions. Plus, when I add captions, y'alls strip them off, even though they are plain vanilla germane succinct captions. Quirky to say the least.

1. I would like to have this location applied
  2. I want my reputation restored to 98% approval 
  3. I want to be able to add captions to all my photos, easily
  4. I want details of why edits are not applied
  5. I want Google Local Guides to be fun, and gameified again

Marquee signMarquee signMarquee signMarquee sign

(I am not sure why there is a double image here, and I cannot figure out how to delete it. LOL)

Level 10

Re: Forever Not Applied.

I read this from a community member from another forum:

• Still, Google has this Local Guides program and they are known to frequently and automatically publish edits by inexperienced users.

This is where it all begins. If you let new accounts run around rampant without giving them an initial phase of verification and review first to see whether they should be trusted, that is where Google Maps falls. If you decide to punish those who really make a clear attempt to make their local communities right instead of those who are actually doing objectionable things to the system.

Of course we have situations where they decide to "act good" for the first few hundred or so edit, and then defect. But you should be able to pick that up. We have to address this much more intensely.

Level 8

It is strange...why GM is behaving immaturely like this ?

They are warranting their own loss by loosing credibility & dependency worldwide.

They should clearly tell us as to what they want...!!!

Level 7
Level 7

this forum with almost 50 pages on the same topic, I think someone should take it seriously, but I don't think anyone "important" is going to read it.

By important I mean someone who can change the algorithm, so I don't have much hope that this will be solved.

Level 8

What is Algorithm..?

An algorithm (pronounced AL-go-rith-um) is a procedure or formula for solving a problem, based on conductiong a sequence of specified actions. A computer program can be viewed as an elaborate algorithm. ... Algorithms are widely used throughout all areas of IT (information technology).

It appears that Google Maps is depending too much on softwares & computers in acceptance of EDITS...!!! After all where technology fails, human brain has to step in to correct the situation...And it is high time that Google Maps employ human brain also to it....!!!😊☺️😢

Level 8

Re: Place not applied

What is Algorithm..?

An algorithm (pronounced AL-go-rith-um) is a procedure or formula for solving a problem, based on conductiong a sequence of specified actions. A computer program can be viewed as an elaborate algorithm. ... Algorithms are widely used throughout all areas of IT (information technology).

It appears that Google Maps is depending too much on softwares & computers in acceptance of EDITS...!!! After all where technology fails, human brain has to step in to correct the situation...And it is high time that Google Maps employ human brain also to it....!!!😊☺️😢

Level 10

It is very serious issue and hope it will be resolved soon by such 'important' persons.

jojo
Level 8

Dear LGs, please be patient and everything will be solved. It is obvious that main competition company is collecting far more information about places, so Google must react faster and more precise. In the moment the the main problem is that many LGs are rejecting futher contributions. There is also very important communication problem. Communication with Google simply do not function at all. It is not possible (under normal conditions) to contact any human at Google, even if you are top rated volunteer who spent dozen thousands of hours to make Google better. If Local Guides Program Manager can not have personal contact with at least ten top contributors than it is really mindless to continue with contributions.  

Level 10

Moderators have nothing to guide but talking about algorithms and trust level. Googlers are busy introducing new badges. LGs are frustrating. Google must have introduce new badge as TRUST LEVEL so that we LGs care for that before submitting future edit. 

Level 7

The same problem here, I can not edit for 2/3 weeks. All edits are automatically not applied.