Briggs's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Everything I edit automatically goes to "Not Applied"

@talormanda, based on my time doing edits, not every edit is the same or carry the same weight, which could compounded by each user's "confidence" level and more. 

One of the simplest edits which is easier to get approved, which you can try is to find a POI with no operating hours, and just ONLY add the operating hours. That is one of the edits that's easiest to get approved. Try a few of that and see.

Changing names, locations, etc takes a longer time for the system to approve if at all.

No one knows the actual approval process, that's internal to Google only. 

Hope others can share their experience to help you on this.

Level 8

Hi @StephenAbraham,

I will say Submit an Picture for editing the Business Hour is even better than input manually.

Level 7

@Flash wrote:

Hello,

Can you please try a wide variety of different types of edits on a wide variety of features, both in type of feature and in location?  Do any edits at all go through in that case?

Hello. I tried editing the marker, adjusting the name of a location, adding an existing park....it all gets denied immediately. This shouldn't happen.  I can still add photo and reviews. I will try to find hours to add to a place. Things use to go into "Pending" for a awhile before even getting denied for me, I just get canned asap right now.

Level 10

Re: Forever Not Applied.

I have returned home. There were unfortunately no emus due to the construction of the new Nepean River pedestrian bridge. It's tantalising to know that you're walking on a narrow footpath and there are literally cars passing by you only half a metre away.

Anyway, I have some good news! Just some.

Day 13 and Day 14 edits. The reds signify not applied, the oranges are 'pending', and there's a strange blue one.Day 13 and Day 14 edits. The reds signify not applied, the oranges are 'pending', and there's a strange blue one.I sat at the Lucky Dragon Chinese Restaurant. I wasn't making any other edits at the time along the way, being currently discouraged and such. So I decided to make an edit to change the category from 'Restaurant' to 'Chinese Restaurant'. It should be simple right? I didn't bother checking the 'Edits' panel in my contributions, but a minute later I received an email: "Thanks for the edit to Lucky Dragon Chinese Restaurant". Oh, could this possibly be?! I started making a few edits around. One, two, three, four edits went through in a row! Man was I so pleased! Although I had an issuing trying to correct "Scared Awareness" (it really should be Sacred Awareness... also not claimed), I was glad I had my freedom to make edits once again. That was... until I crossed the Nepean River into the suburb of Penrith.

Once again, I fell into a territory of protected edits that require a much higher level. Map markers were getting some sort of traction, marking places as closed were still quite relevant and accessible. But I am still having issues with trying to change the name, whether for the removal of location descriptors, irrelevant legal terms or capitalisation. All of which has been added into the 'Not Applied' spreadsheet.

I woke up not being able to adjust the location of my college library (I forgot to include it here), but thinking something has changed in the afternoon I attempted to update it again. No deal. This surge in trust may have had to do with updating the business hours of all these random parks to be open 24 hours (previously blank), but at least, there has been some progress, which I am mildly relieved about.

More work needs to be done. Shall I continue to update the hours of local parks and nature reserves (that I've been to only) all across Sydney to be open 24 hours a day, seven days a week? Only time can tell. Thanks @YK1001 for your glimmer of hope. I really needed it.

Level 10

Re: Multiple Rejections of Accurate Map Edits

There is nothing to do. The bot that receives your suggestion understand that is erroneous so in my own experience I recommend you to try in a few weeks... 

Itis not clear how this bot works, but there must be a lot of inputs to reject or not a change, and not all are controlled by the map editor.

Best regards_

Level 10

I've try to change it too, but the same...

Screenshot_20171024-100933.png

Level 7

Google Maps puts labels for area features in the center of the area, rather than on any particular entrance to the area. 

Connect Moderator

Re: Forever Not Applied.

@Briggs wrote:

More work needs to be done. Shall I continue to update the hours of local parks and nature reserves (that I've been to only) all across Sydney to be open 24 hours a day, seven days a week? Only time can tell. Thanks @YK1001 for your glimmer of hope. I really needed it.

Be careful updating parks this way, not all parks are 24H. While they're not always fenced plenty of them are only open sunrise-sunset and there is no way to represent this on Maps. I would also be careful trying to second guess the behind the scenes algorithms.

Regards Paul

Level 10

@sputnikjim, would you please clarify? I'm trying to move the marker to the location of the actual public entrance to the trail/park.

Thanks.

Paul Kang
Greater Nashville, Tennessee
Level 9

@sputnikjim wrote:

Google Maps puts labels for area features in the center of the area, rather than on any particular entrance to the area. 

Hey @sputnikjim

Keep an eye into the thread link mention below 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Mapping-Your-World/Question-about-Pointer-Rules-or-Guideliness...

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.