Briggs's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Forever Not Applied.

@Flash When I deleted that place there, was no review and now it has 3 reviews.  As I already mentioned that the shop was newly opened. Spammer just add his contact info and describe this place section was showing "This is the oldest restaurant in Liverpool" but that was a flower shop.

"No review" is not an acceptable reason to delete a place.  POIs such as you describe can almost always be fixed.  Ownership can also be fixed.  Google would greatly prefer that, as age of a POI is another factor in ranking.  Even in extreme cases where Google has to delete a feature to fix it, they first take note of all the hidden data and links so they can recreate it in the new POI to reduce the damage a deletion causes.  I strongly doubt the owner would have wanted these edits made if he knew that it will negatively affect his rankings in Google for years to come.

You cannot simply make up your own methods for editing the map nor your own rules for what qualifies an edit.  You did not have the necessary personal knowledge of this edit, and you deleted data from the map using a reason that clearly did not apply.  You are now encouraging others to emulate your methods.

This is a thread where people are asking why the spam filters apply to them at all; they want to know what Google does not trust all edits from someone that has been editing for a while.  Your actions explain exactly why; when some people decide that Google's rules for Maps do not apply to them and that they can edit however they feel, Google must then tighten the restrictions on all to try to reduce the damage being done to the map. 

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Connect Moderator

Re: Could not be verified

Every single time I do an edit, it's almost guaranteed not applied. Is this reducing my trust level beyond salvation with each falter? Now that it's confirmed that the systems are working as intended, @Flash, will you be able to do a review of my account and investigate if there are any problems? Maybe it is the fact that there seems to be a blacklist or maligned indicator on my account and mapping activity.

Reviews of accounts are performed when they are flagged as spammers but evidence indicates they are not.  When an account is flagged as a spammer absolutely all edits are instantly denied.  Normally I'd start by asking you to make a variety of edits to ensure that is the case, but you are already indicating that some edits are going through, which then means you have not been flagged as a spammer.

That does not preclude you having lost some trust due to multiple clear violations of the rules, but such a trust loss is not reviewed but rather the trust must be re-earned.  You have, however, insisted that this affects multiple people and thus that also would not seem to be the case.

My best suggestion might be to start asking about specific edits with all the details about what exactly you were editing so that we can see if there are issues on which you could improve.  Your screenshot unfortunately does not provide the necessary information; with just the brief information provided I can see issues with multiple of those POIs but I don't know if your edits were to fix all of those issues or not.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Level 9

@Flash wrote:

@Flash When I deleted that place there, was no review and now it has 3 reviews.  As I already mentioned that the shop was newly opened. Spammer just add his contact info and describe this place section was showing "This is the oldest restaurant in Liverpool" but that was a flower shop.

"No review" is not an acceptable reason to delete a place.  POIs such as you describe can almost always be fixed.  Ownership can also be fixed.  Google would greatly prefer that, as age of a POI is another factor in ranking.  Even in extreme cases where Google has to delete a feature to fix it, they first take note of all the hidden data and links so they can recreate it in the new POI to reduce the damage a deletion causes.  I strongly doubt the owner would have wanted these edits made if he knew that it will negatively affect his rankings in Google for years to come.

You cannot simply make up your own methods for editing the map nor your own rules for what qualifies an edit.  You did not have the necessary personal knowledge of this edit, and you deleted data from the map using a reason that clearly did not apply.  You are now encouraging others to emulate your methods.

This is a thread where people are asking why the spam filters apply to them at all; they want to know what Google does not trust all edits from someone that has been editing for a while.  Your actions explain exactly why; when some people decide that Google's rules for Maps do not apply to them and that they can edit however they feel, Google must then tighten the restrictions on all to try to reduce the damage being done to the map. 

So finally you want to say I have to wait for Google? It's been more than 2 months and no one replies on that thread. 

Now a days you are active in "Mapping Your world Board", do you know how many thread you have missed before and how many are there without any single reply? 

Neither I'm creating my own methods or rules nor encouraging others to emulate those. You are getting my point in other ways. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 9

@deepakjhicPlease stop trashing that threat.

@Flash Is there no way to solve the problem? I am in a project to add new places at my city (public restrooms). About 2 from 3 get "Not Applied". That does not make fun...

Level 9

@wishmasterf wrote:

@deepakjhicPlease stop trashing that threat.

@wishmasterf

???????????

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 8

@wishmasterf

Please be aware that unless your public toilets have a name, they are not mappable. The only exceptions that I am aware of are public toilets in India, where Google is cooperating with the local government as there are hygiene issues related to people not using public toilets and public toilets on indoor maps. 

Level 9

The Toiletts have unique names. But why do you think "McDonald's" is mapable and "Toilett" not?

Connect Moderator

@wishmasterf, my response was going to be similar to @JeroenM.

The rule about unique names applies to everything on the map.  A washroom with a unique name is extremely rare.

For example, a washroom in a park named "The Joe Smith Memorial Washroom" has a unique name.

A washroom within a gas station open to the public does not have a unique name.

A washroom in Central Park referred to as "Central Park Washrooms" do not have a unique name, that is a description instead of a name.

If you have examples of washrooms with unique names that you cannot get mapped, please start a new thread and provide examples.  For each example please provide all the data including exact GPS location, any existing POI, and exactly what data you were trying to add or edit.  With that mapping experts can look it over and let you know if there are obvious and/or likely issues that you can fix in your next attempt.

Level 8

Re: Edits not published

Fact checking is a fast way to get edits published. As facts are checked by other local guides they get accepted. Do you fact check, if everyone does a few then as your edits/new places get accepted your confidence rating goes up until your edits are accepted immediately. So, everyone , please check some facts.

Level 9

@Flash Thanks for your answer. The names of the toiletts are not created by myself. These are the official names which are used at the city ​​council (The owner of the public Toiletts.).

Please have some understanding that it is difficult for me at the moment to make big changes. For example a company renames some of his store, then these are about 100 POIs to change. Lots of work and i do not know if it will be applied. I already did such a project. A lot of work for nothing. Does nothing for me, for users and for Google. We need a general solution.