Briggs's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Forever Not Applied.

Briggs I'm learning a lot from this thread. After reading last msg of flash I also want to say something

Before few days I had also started a thread with the same problem and TraciC replied to my thread and told me that we can not share private data. In real there is no hidden data, trust level always based on edits/contribution towards map. I remember in 13th of September I was unable to add missing places, that hurt me a lot. After 1 hour I found it start working fine. I don't know on which level (trust) I'm but I can edit POI's around the world. In August someone posted here about a newly open shop and says someone verify our listing and we are unable to get it back. After reading all replies from others I deleted that POI and create one. 

#Flash

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Connect Moderator

@deepakjhic, please ensure you only make edits for which you have the required knowledge and which follow the guidelines.  Deleting a feature requires that it actually meets one of the requirements to be deleted; which from your description this did not.  When you delete a feature you also delete all the data links involved that you cannot see but which Google uses to verify information, determine search ranking, etc.

Please also be aware that many times spammers and others with malicious intent have tricked people to use their trust to make inappropriate edits.  The post might have been made by a competitor to the business who either wanted to claim it for themselves or who wanted to see it drop in search rankings.  People have had their accounts banned or their trust purposely removed when they have fallen for such a rouse.  It may seem extreme since they were tricked; but if they are willing to make edits against guidelines then perhaps the trust put in them was inappropriate.

If someone is claiming to own a business, send them to GMB; it has the processes in place to actually verify that they are truly the owner.  Those processes are in place due to how often people lie about such matters.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 9

@Briggs.

I noticed the same too when i got to new level. Every of my edits were either not applied or pending.

What i did is to concentrate on reviewing, facts checking and pictures . Then  after some weeks i was able to edit 

Level 9

@Flash

Thank you so much for all information. You already wrote to me about it. I just checked everything and found ok. Without any evidence I never made an edit to any POI. I was on a video call. 

Level 8

Re: Could not be verified

I still can not create a new POI, or it will work again, if the error is found.

Greetings Ulrich

Former Google Contributor

Hello all,

Earlier today, I noted in this post that the edit features are working as intended and there is not a bug.  This can obviously be very frustrating I know but I suggest that you continue to make changes or edits as you normally do.  I am going to go ahead and merge this thread with that conversation as you all are discussing the same issue.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Connect Moderator

@deepakjhic, I don't think you understand; the place should never have been deleted.  The only acceptable reason to delete a place is because it should never have been on the map.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 8

HI @deepakjhic,

I know I can mark POI as closed, but Google will not delete a closed POI

I know I can mark POI as never existed.  Then Google should delete it.

I know I can mark POI as duplicate.  I never got any published, so I don't know what actually will happen.

Do you mean mark it as "never existed" by "delete"?

@dєєpαкк wrote:

Briggs I'm learning a lot from this thread. After reading last msg of flash I also want to say something

Before few days I had also started a thread with the same problem and TraciC replied to my thread and told me that we can not share private data. In real there is no hidden data, trust level always based on edits/contribution towards map. I remember in 13th of September I was unable to add missing places, that hurt me a lot. After 1 hour I found it start working fine. I don't know on which level (trust) I'm but I can edit POI's around the world. In August someone posted here about a newly open shop and says someone verify our listing and we are unable to get it back. After reading all replies from others I deleted that POI and create one. 

#Flash

Level 10

Today's edits as I proceeded to go back to my usual edits. Sushi Hub, the only one that went through immediately is a claimed GMB-listing. This would be a goldmine for high-trust level users such as Flash.Today's edits as I proceeded to go back to my usual edits. Sushi Hub, the only one that went through immediately is a claimed GMB-listing. This would be a goldmine for high-trust level users such as Flash.

@BruceDM,

Given your optimism that the systems are working as intended, that the trust level thresholds are not to be discussed and after a fairly fine good night's sleep, I decided to unmark your solution. Because we're not finished yet.

In absolutely no way am I going to let this go. Niantic lost me incorrectly flagging me as a spoofer during my Ingress days, most likely because of false reports, and so on February 15 this year I deleted my account for that. Google is not going to do the same to me, I will not let it get to me! You told me the system is working as intended, so has the system slightly changed? During the summit, did Google decide to astronomically set the benchmark at an unusually high bar?

I can't even change a place where I am currently at, and have checked in, and have consulted with the business manager (yeah yeah they should be using GMB, etc etc) and still nothing to this day. Edits that I have made before now I cannot. A few months ago I made a blanket edit to try and remove the location descriptors for names, and while I was met with diversions, the majority were not applied.

Every single time I do an edit, it's almost guaranteed not applied. Is this reducing my trust level beyond salvation with each falter? Now that it's confirmed that the systems are working as intended, @Flash, will you be able to do a review of my account and investigate if there are any problems? Maybe it is the fact that there seems to be a blacklist or maligned indicator on my account and mapping activity.

Don't be a poor PR company like Niantic. You're Google, billions of dollars in the pipeline, a multinational company with a wonderful local guides program and a great support team. Don't lose your most valuable assets.

P.S. I think there is something etched into the submission of edits. If you look at the 'Telstra Shop Mt Druitt' posting, you can see that the 'Business Hours' attempted to be change, but in no way did I change that. Do you think each edit submission is trying to send extra unsolicited data to Google, hence rejecting the edit? Are you able to investigate a single edit submission?

Just do something, please! I'm not ungrateful because this isn't fixed. It just seems that I come off that way.

Level 9

@Flash wrote:

@deepakjhic, I don't think you understand; the place should never have been deleted.  The only acceptable reason to delete a place is because it should never have been on the map.

@Flash When I deleted that place there, was no review and now it has 3 reviews.  As I already mentioned that the shop was newly opened. Spammer just add his contact info and describe this place section was showing "This is the oldest restaurant in Liverpool" but that was a flower shop.

Flash @YK1001

Permanently close = will never open again

Doesn't exists = The place was never there.