NFY's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7
Level 7

For happiness of local guides

I felt that It would be nice if Google send t-shirt, badges and some goodies to local guides who has reached level 5 at least once 

Why? 

We local guides contribute for the sake of passion,  for helping others by contributing a little but still if Google send as a t-shirt, goodies or at least a local guide logo  badge it will be a encouraging and proud movement for us

we can proudly say to everyone look Google as send me goodies for contributing  and I believe this will also promote other non local guide 

The need for t-shirt idea strike me few months back when I organized a meetup in coimbatore, for the meetup I went earlier but I was facing difficulties in recognize the local guides who were going attend I was not able to recognize them I end up in asking strangers are you here for meetup so from this experience I learned that  it would be a easy if local guide as t-shirt or badges for recognizing them in meetup 

I also request you guys to suggest me if I am right or I am missing something 

India
4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Googler
Solution

Re: For happiness of local guides

Hi, @NFY. While I definitely understand the desire to receive gifts (who doesn't like them?), they are not something the team promises or provides on a regular basis. Occasionally, tokens of our appreciation are given out at official events but as a whole, as our global community continues to grow, the Local Guides program is constantly evolving and we do not have plans to offer gifts of that nature. We continue to focus on improving program offerings and the in-product experience as those are things (nearly) everyone in the world can receive. If you have perks you'd like to see or partners you'd like to see Local Guides work with, please do share here on this board. 

Regarding being easily-identifiable at meet-ups, there are great resources available on our website that you may print locally as other Local Guides have to help with meet-ups. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.

View solution in original post

Googler
Solution

Hi, @NFY. While I definitely understand the desire to receive gifts (who doesn't like them?), they are not something the team promises or provides on a regular basis. Occasionally, tokens of our appreciation are given out at official events but as a whole, as our global community continues to grow, the Local Guides program is constantly evolving and we do not have plans to offer gifts of that nature. We continue to focus on improving program offerings and the in-product experience as those are things (nearly) everyone in the world can receive. If you have perks you'd like to see or partners you'd like to see Local Guides work with, please do share here on this board. 

Regarding being easily-identifiable at meet-ups, there are great resources available on our website that you may print locally as other Local Guides have to help with meet-ups. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 10

@NFY As @TraciC mentioned it will be difficult to give gifts as the community grows. As Sri Lankan Local Guides we have our own T-Shirt and badge. You can also do the same for your community. 

Level 9

Nice post @NFY,

I had that idea too! But realistically, I understand that we can't have gifts/giveaways for each and everyone in the community.

That's why I replied earlier in some posts, that Local Guides Team needs to work harder on something that all local guides will appreciate, which is the contests. Contest is something that encourages local guides engagements and activity, but can always be restricted to fit the abilities of the team (specific regions, levels, interests). For example, a "best photo of a specific type" contest might be arranged, and a prize like 360 camera could be really valuable.

Many ideas can be implemented in that context. And prizes could be another way to drive people to contribute more.

@TraciC.. Kindly read the above 🙂

Level 7
Level 7

@TraciE @JafferA

I

@JafferA wrote:

Nice post @NFY,

I had that idea too! But realistically, I understand that we can't have gifts/giveaways for each and everyone in the community.

That's why I replied earlier in some posts, that Local Guides Team needs to work harder on something that all local guides will appreciate, which is the contests. Contest is something that encourages local guides engagements and activity, but can always be restricted to fit the abilities of the team (specific regions, levels, interests). For example, a "best photo of a specific type" contest might be arranged, and a prize like 360 camera could be really valuable.

Many ideas can be implemented in that context. And prizes could be another way to drive people to contribute more.

@TraciC.. Kindly read the above 🙂

I second you