Hákon's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Follow local guides on Google Map

I was showing my friend how Google Maps and Local Guides Works and she said - how can I follow you on Google Map and see all your new entries. 

It is not possible yet but it would be a great feature. 

Hakon
https://www.MyTweetAlerts.com
14 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: Follow local guides on Google Map

Hi @davidcox,

I guess here "follow", @Hákon meant what "follow" is in Social networks:  when you added a new place, I will got an alert.  When you write a review, I will got an alert, etc.

No, Maps do not have "follow", yet.

View solution in original post

Level 9

@Hákon  Why not let her know an entry and click on the profile picture and she can see all photos on your profile. Works for street view app also.  Then she can scroll through the pictures. Works for me when logged out, so viewable as public.

Level 8
Solution

Hi @davidcox,

I guess here "follow", @Hákon meant what "follow" is in Social networks:  when you added a new place, I will got an alert.  When you write a review, I will got an alert, etc.

No, Maps do not have "follow", yet.

Level 7

Yes that is what I meant. 
She wanted to follow my travel and see all the photos I upload. 

Hakon
https://www.MyTweetAlerts.com
Level 6

I am excited to be a level 5 local guide. It would be fabulous to show others I know in my community what I do. Please let us have FOLLOWERS. why isnt this possible yet?. 

Level 10

This could be interesting: i have a huge bookmark folder with all the local guides i want to follow, but it's not easy: i click on chrome "open all bookmarks in a new window" and i refresh. But it's not really an easy way.

If you think this could be useful, please, submit a feature request in the proper board: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Feedback-and-Feature-Requests/bd-p/Feedback

Level 5

I'm also agree with you and your valuable suggestions. 

Level 5

Your suggestions are valuable. I also agree with you. 

Level 3

@KlaudiyaG, is a "follow" feature for local guides on google maps an option that may be available in the future? I would love to be able to share my reviews of favorite places (like an actual "guide") with others who have similar interests! If they were able to "follow" me and view my reviews and/or lists in some kind of news feed, I think this would help people find great new places to go!

I hope you/your team will consider this, thank you for looking into it!

Summer

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Hákon and @Summer-Seattle,

As my fellow Connect Moderator - @YK1001 already mentioned, this feature is not available on Google Maps. However, since I do like the idea, I decided to share this proposal with the team. 🙂

Thank you so much for sharing your suggestion! It's very much appreciated.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!