EjazShah's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Feedback to Improve G+ Community For Support

Hi Google Team,

It is understandable that you might be receiving several requests on a daily basis from Local Guides to get their communities supported.

We do also understand that only selected community owners will be contacted and rest should believe their communities are not selected for support.

I have requested support for our UAE Google Local Guides community on several occasion but didn't get any response. This left us wondering what exectly is the issue and why we are not getting our community supported.

Basically, my request is to atleast give some feedback to an owner who tried to get support again and again so instead of reapplying he / she fix community issues resulting in no support.

I am not tagging anyone but hoping a positive response on this request will surely benefit lot of other fellow LGs.

https://plus.google.com/communities/111226469204124701830?iem=1

United Arab Emirates
14 comments
Level 10

Re: Feedback to Improve G+ Community For Support

Level 9

@EjazShah let me suggest you connect team support those communities having 1 owner change and fill this form.

Have a look

Communities owned by Local Guides Level 3+ that meet our guidelines are eligible for support. Basic requirements for supported communities include having a profile photo, a description, at least 50 members, and consistent community activity. The Local Guides team supports one owner per community and one community per area.

Happy Mapping my dear 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 7

Hi @deepakjhic, may be my question in this post wasnt clear for you. Actually we have done this all what is mentioned in your and or in actual support post.

We have applied our community for support by meeting these requirements and filling the form with complete detail but with no response on what is still missing to avoid next time rejection of the same.

I requested in this post for Google Team to provide their feedback to someone who applied his / her community for support more than once so he / she can work on those gaps instead of keep applying with no response.

Hope it is clear now? 

Level 9

@EjazShah wrote:

Hi @deepakjhic, may be my question in this post wasnt clear for you. Actually we have done this all what is mentioned in your and or in actual support post.

We have applied our community for support by meeting these requirements and filling the form with complete detail but with no response on what is still missing to avoid next time rejection of the same.

I requested in this post for Google Team to provide their feedback to someone who applied his / her community for support more than once so he / she can work on those gaps instead of keep applying with no response.

Hope it is clear now? 

@EjazShah Well your old and last both post are clear to me. But I dnt think you understand what I mention in my last reply. 

I just want to say the Local Guides team supports one (1) owner per community and one community per area.

In your community there are two owner.

@ErmesT @Csaba 

Happy Mapping 

Level 7

Hi @deepakjhic, As of today, in United Arab Emirates there isn't any community supported by Google.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1AU7p_7fTAdA5XsSvbgNPHJ9t1XM&ll=22.50442649237496%2C55....

Below is the the link to our UAE Google Local Guides community. 

Our #UAEGoolgeLocalGuides community is managed by two community owners one is @CapitalH and second myself. In our applications I was the one nominated for support, therefore there shouldn't be any confusion on it as well. 

Level 9

@EjazShah wrote:

Hi @deepakjhic, As of today, in United Arab Emirates there isn't any community supported by Google.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1AU7p_7fTAdA5XsSvbgNPHJ9t1XM&ll=22.50442649237496%2C55....

Below is the the link to our UAE Google Local Guides community. 

Our #UAEGoolgeLocalGuides community is managed by two community owners one is @CapitalH and second myself. In our applications I was the one nominated for support, therefore there shouldn't be any confusion on it as well. 

Wait for community moderators reply. 

@EjazShah @IlankovanT @KarenVChin

In last I just want to say that remove one owner from your community and try applying again. 

Best of luck. 

Level 9

Hi @EjazShah I'm tagging a Google moderator for more help on this matter. @JeslynL could you please help on this.

Hope you have followed all these instructions before applying.

How do you select a community for support?

Please complete the application form. Some basic requirements include:

• Be owned by a Local Guide Level 3+
  • Have at least 50 members
  • Have active community discussions around the Local Guides program and what makes your area special (new restaurant openings, local events & meet-ups, local photography, etc.)
  • Have posts and discussions from many members - not just the community moderator
  • Not conflict with an existing community supported by the Local Guides team

Level 9

@IlankovanT wrote:

Hi @EjazShah I'm tagging a Google moderator for more help on this matter. @JeslynL could you please help on this.

Hope you have followed all these instructions before applying.

How do you select a community for support?

Please complete the application form. Some basic requirements include:

• Be owned by a Local Guide Level 3+
  • Have at least 50 members
  • Have active community discussions around the Local Guides program and what makes your area special (new restaurant openings, local events & meet-ups, local photography, etc.)
  • Have posts and discussions from many members - not just the community moderator
  • Not conflict with an existing community supported by the Local Guides team

Sorry to tag you again but i want to clear everything about my all reply.

@IlankovanT @JeslynL Requesting you to read the complete thread. 

Thanks in advance.

Level 9

Hi @deepakjhic I can see there are two owners for this community. @CapitalH is also an owner of Chittagong Local Guides who has already received a support from Google LG. I'm not sure whether he received a support for UAE Google Local Guides community too.

Please note there are some other reasons for not getting support from Google LG. hope Google moderators will help on this 🙂