EjazShah's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Feedback to Improve G+ Community For Support

Thank you @deepakjhic & @IlankovanT for your efforts in solving this issue for our community. Much appreciated. Hopefully after this discussion we will have a clear picture to proceed further 😊

Level 7

@JeslynL any help will be much appreciated.

Level 8

@EjazShah

Just adding my thoughts to your inquiry as requested.

First of all, there are many community owners that own more than one community and all their communities get listed as supported, once they meet the minimum member count. Because your co-owner receives already support, it might mean that you personally do not get added as a supported owner as your co-owner is already part of the direct link with the LG Team. HOWEVER, if that were the case, you would expect your community to be listed amongst the supported communities.

It is my understanding, that communities with multiple owners are not excluded from the support program, only that the owners need to agree who shall be the one that gets the link with the LG Team and the invitations to the private hang-outs.

Something that has crossed my mind that might be an issue, although I admit that this is not something I know much about, is that the Google LG Program rules clearly state that certain countries are excluded from the program as Google as an US company has to abide by the US boycott list. Your country is listed in this post:
http://www.internationaltradecomplianceupdate.com/2017/03/30/us-treasury-publishes-list-of-countries...

that has a link to an official US government journal. However, the wording is really not clear to me. Are these countries listed require to participate in the boycott of other countries or are they boycotted themselves? 

It would of course be sad if international politics would indeed be the reason why you may not get formal recognition by the LG team, particularly as such politics are so contrary to our communal spirit. But law is law, so if a country is indeed boycotted, then I guess there is very little the LG Team can do about it. As this is a sensitive subject, it would be understandable if it were Google's policy not to even mention this reason for not engaging in a certain country.

Respect to all.

Jeroen

Check out the beginnings of our Local Guides Library with online resources.

Level 7

Dear @JeroenM,I really appreciate your detailed response on my query and hope we get some kind of clarification from Google on it to close this request permanently. 

@CapitalH, please accept our apology as there will be no activity from our side on the community page until this is clarified by Google team if to continue or close the community if support is not granted due to possible reasons mentioned by @JeroenM.

Level 8

@EjazShah

It is of course entirely your own decision, but please understand that it is not a requirement to get support for your community by the LG team. It is a collaboration between the LG Team and the community owner that is, of course, desirable. On the other hand, there are many regional unofficial LG communities out there that have a positive impact on the official LG Program and individual Local Guides, that manage without the support by the LG Team.

You could be on the frontiers to make a difference in your country, particularly in case it is indeed the embargo which is preventing the Team from including you. Continuing on this assumption, what if the embargo gets lifted? Wouldn't it be great if you had already a fully mature community?