sputnikjim's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Feedback option for temporary road closure reporting

In her 4 Mar 18 comment to the blog post,  Exclusive: Edit a road segment in Google Maps@SiobhanEWGreen wrote:

"A recommendation for a feature that would be SUPER useful - the ability to mark a temporary road closure or road hazard due to emergency conditions. For example, we had a huge wind storm here, knocking out trees and power. It would be fantastic to be able to see on google maps which roads were temporarily blocked due to a downed tree.

Waze has this feature - allowing people to report immediately a closure. I prefer google maps to waze, but I will switch if needed. 

Also, the more GIS-centric information google can provide during these emergency situations, the better. For example, in Virginia, Dominion has a pretty good interactive outages map (http://outagemap.dominionenergy.com.s3.amazonaws.com/external/default.html) - WHICH USES GOOGLE MAPS AS THE BASE MAP - showing exactly where customers are out of power. Why can't you also offer this info on google maps, as an additional filter?  I am sure they must have an API allowing you to pull this data on top of google maps. "

Virginia, USA